Offering coffee to your customers or staff can be attractive and could help you bring in some additional revenue. A self-service machine or vending machine might be a good option to reduce the effort and staff time.
There are a variety of vending machines available which offer a range of features including a variety of drink options, bean to cup options, and countertop and free-standing models.
To help you navigate your way through all the manufacturers of coffee vending machines we have explored what each of them can offer below.
The table below gives a quick price comparison of the top UK providers for coffee vending machines.
Company Rental price from Purchase price from
Bravilor Bonomat £25 £2,000
Cafection £25 £2,000
Coffee Queen £25 £2,000
Coffetek £27.87 £3,400
Crane £26.23 £3,000
DarenthMJS £25 £2,000
Lavazza Not stated Not stated
Matrix £25 £2,000
Necta £18.50 £4,000
Saeco Not stated Not stated
Schaerer Not stated Not stated
Westomatic £39.35 £4,800
Wittenborg £25 £2,000
* The facts and figures included here come from each company’s website and were accurate at the time of writing (March 2020) but may have since changed. Also, please keep in mind these may not be apples to apples comparisons as each provider offers different solutions. This guide should be used as a starting off point for more research on your part.
Below we profile each of the companies’ services and features in a bit more detail.
Note companies are ranked in no particular order and this no way indicates one solution is better than another.
1. Bravilor Bonamat
Some of the features and benefits of Bravilor Bonamat’s coffee vending machines.
- Offers a range of six instant ingredient machines
- Simple to use self-service models
- Compact designs
- Can produce a wide range of beverages
- Offers models that can cater for small to large quantities
- Separate hot water outlet
- Some include an eye-catching illuminated front panel
- Patented ingredient mixing system
- Energy-saving modes available
- Suitable for a variety of location
Bravilor Bonomat is Dutch coffee machine manufacturer who is a leading provider that has been producing coffee machines for over 70 years. They produce a range of coffee machines including espresso machines, fully automated models, filter machines, hot water dispensers and instant ingredient models that are simple to use and suitable as self-service vending machines.
Bravilor Bonomat’s instant ingredient machines are countertop models that are compact and attractively designed that have been created to offer a wide variety of beverages with ease with intuitive push-button displays. Some models include a separate hot water outlet, eye-catching illuminated panel, patented ingredient mixing system and can offer an energy-saving mode.
Some of the features and benefits of Cafection’s coffee vending machines.
- Offers a variety of self-service style models
- Automatic machines
- Can use beans and instant ingredients
- High-quality coffee
- Reliable and durable machines
- Utilises a high level of technology
- Produces greater control and management of the machine
- Sustainable business offering solutions that are sustainable and fair-trade programmes
- Offers a range of accessories and additional options
- Suitable for a wide variety of locations
Cafection is a coffee machine manufacturer based in the US that specialises in making easy to use machines for locations like offices, retail locations and waiting areas. Their models are automatic machines which use a variety of ingredients including fresh grounded beans.
Cafection’s models are built with the latest technology to produce the highest quality coffee and offers a greater level of control and management. They have designed their models to be attractive, reliable and durable to minimise maintenance. They aim to be a sustainable business as they have incorporated sustainable practices in their machine and their production as well as running a fair-trade programme for its customers.
3. Coffee Queen
Some of the features and benefits of Coffee Queen’s coffee vending machines.
- Offers three instant coffee machines
- Easy to use models with push-button selection
- Slim designs
- Attractively designed in stylish black finish
- Offers up to seven drink options
- Separate hot water outlet
- Quick delivery
- Up to four-ingredient canisters
- Offers a range of accessories
- Designed to suit a variety of settings
Coffee Queen produces a range of coffee machines that are designed to cater for a variety of settings such as restaurants, catering environments, convenience locations and offices. They are part of the Crem business who are a global coffee machine manufacturer who also produces Expobar and Spengler brands.
Coffee Queen offers three models – Elite, Cafelino Trio and Chocolino Duo. The Elite model has four large ingredient canisters and can offer up to seven drink options. The Cafelino Trio model has three ingredient canisters and can offer four drink options in 10 seconds. The Chocolino Duo model offers two ingredients canisters and can offer four drink options in 10 seconds.
Some of the features and benefits of Coffetek’s coffee vending machines.
- Produces several vending style machines
- Includes bean to cup models
- Free-standing machines
- Countertop machines
- Offers a variety of beverages
- Easy to use
- Delivers consistent drinks
- Built using cutting edge technology
- Attractively design models
- Some models are self-cleaning
Coffetek is a UK manufacturer of drinks machines which dispense hot and cold drinks. Their range includes both free-standing models and countertop models which are designed as self-service machines that can produce a range of quality drinks. They produce five types of coffee machines which are called Neo, Step, Excel, Vitro and Java.
Coffetek’s Neo, Java and Step ranges are free-standing machines that deliver high street quality drinks with intuitive designs. The Step models are also built with cutting edge design. Vitro and Excel are countertop models. Vitro models can make drinks from beans and instant ingredients. Excel models are designed for high volumes and are easy to maintain.
Some of the features and benefits of Crane’s coffee vending machines.
- Offers a range of vending machines
- Designed for a variety of settings
- Free-standing machines
- Countertop machines
- Easy to use designs
- Delivers a wide variety of hot drinks
- Attractively designed models
- Aims to deliver a premium experience
- High-quality beverages
- Design to be robust
Crane is based in the UK and US and manufactures a range of merchandising vending systems including hot drinks, cold drinks, food and snacks. They produce made to order machines so you can customise your machine. Their range of coffee machines are called Cali, Linea, Icon and Coti.
Crane’s Cali model is a free-standing machine that is designed to deliver a premium experience with its intuitive displays. Linea model is counter-based and can produce barista quality coffee as well as tea. Icon models have a free-standing attractive design that is easy to use with its intuitive touchscreen display. Coti models are also free-standing and deliver consistent quality drinks.
Some of the features and benefits of DarenthMJS’s coffee vending machines.
- Offers an extensive range of vending machines
- Countertop models that can be used as self-service machines
- Free-standing serving stations
- Offers speciality drinks machines
- Can deliver bespoke machines
- Functional and flexible models
- Easy to use and eye-catching designs
- Some models offer bean to cup technology
- Able to take payments
- Produces a range of accessories
DarenthMJS is a European based vending, catering and drink dispensing equipment manufacturer whose range offers a wide variety of coffee machines including speciality machines, bean to cup models, dispensing models and in-cup vending machines. Their range offers both free-standing machines and countertop models that take payments and they also produce bespoke models.
DarenthMJS’ serving station models are built as free-standing independent designs that combine function with flexibility to create an optimum drink delivery. Their countertop models are designed to fit in a variety of locations, and they produce more compact models for smaller spaces. Some of the countertop range are bean to cup models which can produce fresher coffee.
Some of the features and benefits of Lavazza’s coffee vending machines.
- Offers a selection of hot drink vending machines
- Countertop design
- Free-standing models
- Can produce either 8 or 16 drink varieties
- Fast vending time
- Easy to maintain
- No mess designs
- Reliable models
- Offer leading branded drinks
- Internet connectivity built-in to track the machine
Lavazza is an Italian manufacturer of coffee and coffee machines under two brands which are Flavia and KLIX. Flavia produces countertop-based models and KLIX are vending machines. The KLIX models feature three machines which two are free-standing and one is a countertop model.
KLIX’s countertop model offers a choice of 8 beverages and the free-standing models offer up to 16 drink varieties. Their machines are designed to deliver drinks quickly with no mess and are easy to maintain which makes them more reliable. Their machines vend leading branded beverages that provide great taste. Some models feature built-in internet connectivity which helps you track the health and stock of the machine.
Some of the features and benefits of Matrix’s coffee vending machines.
- Produces a range of vending only machines
- Flexible models
- Can make a variety of drinks
- Can produce different sizes of drinks
- Offers different drink strengths
- Coin-operated and free vend options
- Compact designs
- Offers a choice of pumped or mains water models
- They provide competitively priced machines
- Allow you customise your machines with your own branding
Matrix is a UK manufacturer that produces a range of vending machines, dispensing equipment and catering equipment. They produce a broad range of versatile and customisable vending machines that can dispense a wide variety of hot beverages including coffees, tea and chocolate drinks that can be personalised with sugar, milk, decaf and a range of strength options.
Matrix offers vending models that are countertop based and can be set up to be either free vend or accept coin payments. Their models can come in a range of sizes and can be pumped water models or mains water and can dispense drinks in different sizes.
Some of the features and benefits of Necta’s coffee vending machines.
- Offers a wide variety of vending machines
- Free-standing machines
- Countertop models
- Elegant design with a user-friendly interface
- Large graphic display
- Customisable panels
- Modular canisters for instant products
- Configure the set up through their management software
- Reliable electronics
- Easy maintenance
Necta is an Italian based beverage machine manufacturer who produces a variety of coffee machines which includes espresso machines, drink vending machines and impulse vending machines. Their range is designed to suit a wide variety of settings including restaurants, cafes, bars, hotels, workplaces and public places.
Necta’s coffee vending machines are offered as either countertop models or free-standing models. All their models are designed to allow you to customise some of their panels with your own designs, a large graphic display for messages and user-friendly interface. They make setting up and changing your configuration easy through their management software and modular canisters for instant ingredients.
Some of the features and benefits of Saeco’s coffee vending machines.
- Offers a broad range of vending machines
- Free-standing machines
- Offers a combined drink and snack machine
- Instant ingredient machines
- Capsule models
- Can offer up to 42 programmable drinks
- Dispenses hot and cold drinks
- Easy service and maintenance
- LED lighting system to reduce energy consumption
- Suitable for high volume locations
Saeco is a coffee machine manufacturer that is based in Italy which produces three ranges of coffee machines which include vending machines that dispense hot drinks, hot and cold drinks, snack machines, and combined hot/cold drinks and snacks.
Saeco’s vending machine range features free-standing instant machines, free-standing capsule machines and a combined hot and cold drink machine also dispensing snacks. The instant machines can offer up to 42 programmable drinks, the capsule models offer up to 16 varieties and the combined model offers up to 9 hot beverages. They are designed to produce high volumes and be easy to service and maintain and use LED lighting to reduce energy consumption.
Some of the features and benefits of Schaerer’s coffee vending machines.
- Offers a single vending machine
- Designed as a serving station
- Produces fresh premium coffee
- Fast and efficient drink production
- Modular design
- Customisable options
- Uses fresh ingredients
- High-performance technology
- Barista level coffees with best foam milk system
- Designed for high footfall areas
Schaerer is a manufacturer of coffee machines in Switzerland who produces a range of countertop models that are compact and are suitable for self-service as well as a free-standing vending machine called the Premium Coffee Corner. They create machines that suitable for a variety of settings such as restaurants, cafes, catering and convenience locations including self-service locations.
Schaerer’s Premium Coffee Corner is designed to cater for high footfall areas, and they produce barista level coffees through using fresh premium coffee made from beans and their best foam milk system. The serving station has a modular design so that is easy to customise the machine to your needs.
Some of the features and benefits of Westomatic’s coffee vending machines.
- Makes a wide range of vending style machines
- Free-standing vending machines
- Countertop models
- Bean or instant coffee
- Can use fresh milk in some models
- Hot water outlet
- Produce up to 24 drink varieties
- Can dispense syrups and decaf
- Intuitive designs with advertising space
- Caters for a wide variety of settings
Westomatic manufactures a variety of drink and food dispensing machines in the UK. Their range includes hot drink machines with a choice of countertop and free-standing vending machines that dispense a wide variety of beverages. Their machines are designed to meet the needs of restaurants, retail outlets, hotels, offices, waiting areas and service stations.
Westomatic’s free-standing vending models are designed to offer either coffee beans or instant ingredients to make a variety of beverages and provides advertising space. The countertop models also operate with beans or instant ingredients, optional fresh milk and can dispense up to 24 drink varieties.
Some of the features and benefits of Wittenburg’s coffee vending machines.
- Produces a small collection of vending machines
- Countertop designs
- Easy to use models
- Personalised drink options
- Customisable displays
- Produces a variety of drinks
- Beans or instant ingredients
- Option of free vend or payment choices
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Suitable for a variety of settings
Wittenburg is a coffee machine manufacturer specialising in producing a small collection of hot drink dispensing machines. Their range caters for a wide variety of settings offering free vend or accepting payments including coins and cashless payment. They can produce a variety of hot drinks such as espresso, latte, cappuccino, mocha and hot chocolate.
Wittenburg’s range are all countertop models that are compact and attractive to fit any location. Their designs are easy to use and allows you to set up personalised drink offerings and can use beans and instant ingredients. Their displays can be customised using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity to load RSS feed or weather forecasts.