Wondering if you should subscribe to The Hustle’s Trends paid subscription newsletter?
At $299/year it’s not exactly cheap. However, if you use this link you can save $50 off the first year (full disclaimer I’ll also receive $50).
I’ve been a subscriber since its inception and think its worth several times the price they charge. Plus, they offer a 14-day money back guarantee if you don’t like it, so there’s no real risk.
But enough about cost, what value does the Trends offer?
On their website they claim to offer:
- A weekly newsletter with case studies, in-depth analysis, and interviews with successful founders, describing the latest business trends and opportunities.
Comment: This is their core offering and it really is great (more below).
- In-depth interviews with the most interesting and hard to reach founders and business leaders to share secrets of their success and gather insider data.
Comment: These are included in both the newsletter and part of the private community.
- Access to previous newsletters and our entire report and interview archive.
Comment: Can confirm this is also included.
- Access to a Private Community where you can talk with their team of writers, and rub elbows with some of the most successful entrepreneurs, to dig deeper into startup trends and help your business grow.
Comment: This is offered as a private Facebook group and in my opinion is a bit mixed, some really good discussions and insights and also a lot of not so valuable threads.
- Q&As with business leaders they profile.
Comment: They do these pretty regularly and seem to include people I haven’t seen interviewed elsewhere.
What do they write about in the newsletter? Recent topics have included:
- Beyond Beyond Meats
- The Big Business of Expired Pharmaceutical Patents
- Boring trade show businesses are minting billions. Here’s how
- Online Plant Sales are Set to Bloom
- The $33B market staring you in the face
- Warren Buffett for Startups
- How One Company Created a Niche Market for Young People Who Want Fancy Bibles
- Prepaid Phone Service Moves Into the Mainstream
As you can see a pretty wide range of topics. Besides that they’ve also done interviews/Q&As with:
- Brian Scudamore (1-800-GOT-JUNK)
- Andrew Wilkinson (Tiny)
- Mikael Cho (Unsplash)
- Pat Brown (Impossible Foods)
- Matthew Kepnes (Nomadic Matt)
Among many others.
Overall, not all the articles and interviews will be of interest to you. However, if any of those topics/interviews seem interesting, I’d personally give it a try.
Finally, one of the best things that’s included (but not currently well publicised) is access to their Private M&A Database which includes things such as sale price, revenue, growth multiple, etc. Basically, if you’re ever planning on selling your business you need to at least look at the numbers they’ve compiled.
Bottom line is it worth it?
I would say yes, especially when you can save $50 using this discount offer link.
Our review: 4.5/5