Posters are a great way of getting across your message and attracting attention. There are a wide variety of poster options available for use indoors and outdoors with a choice of sizes, paper types, paperweights and finishes. Many printing companies produce posters including a range of online printing services which we have explored below to see what each of these leading providers offer.
The table below gives a quick price comparison of the top UK providers for poster printing.
|Company.||Price Per 100 posters (ex VAT)||Price Per 10 posters (ex VAT)|
|Vistaprint||£347.31 (A2)||£34.73 (A2)|
|Moo||£55 (A4 only)||Not available|
|Simplyprint.com||£28.99 (A4)||Not available|
* The facts and figures included here come from each company’s website and were accurate at the time of writing (May 2020) but may have since changed. Also, please keep in mind these may not be apples to apples comparisons as each provider offers different solutions. Prices quoted generally unless indicated are for an A3 indoor poster printed on basic stock and economy finish. This guide should be used as a starting off point for more research on your part.
Below we profile each of the companies’ services and features in a bit more detail.
Note companies are ranked in no particular order and this no way indicates one solution is better than another.
Some of the features and benefits of Vistaprint’s poster printing.
- High-quality poster printing
- Suitable for walls, doors, windows or noticeboards
- Six paper stock choices
- Seven print sizes
- A range of paper thicknesses
- Option to add lamination
- Quantities starting at 1
- Offers advise on the best paper and finish
- Provides a range of accessories including Command Strips, custom frames and poster rails
- Offer a design service
Vistaprint is a printing business offering services to individuals for one-off jobs through to large bulk orders for businesses. They provide a variety of printed items including business items such as posters, leaflets, business cards, stickers and promotional goods.
Vistaprint offers high-quality poster printing suitable for indoor locations including walls, doors, windows and noticeboards. Their poster range offers a choice of six paper stock choice which provides a range of paperweights, these include glossy, card, silk, premium glossy, blueback and premium silk, and the option to laminate them. They offer a choice of seven paper sizes which are A3, A2, A1, A0, B1, B2 and 286 x 439mm.
Some of the features and benefits of Moo’s poster printing.
- Offers A4 posters only
- Customisable designs
- Choice of three paper stocks
- Option to have a matt or gloss finish
- Can print on both sides at no extra cost
- Strong paper
- Suitable for walls, doors, windows and noticeboards
- Not suitable for outdoor use
- Simply upload your design
- Offers a range of templates
Moo is a printing business providing print services to businesses including posters, flyers, leaflets, business cards and stickers. They provide support to help you create your marketing materials with easy to upload, customisable and blank templates as well as a design service.
Moo only produces A4 posters which can be two-sided at no extra charge for use on glass. They provide three paper stocks – Essential which is 100% recycled 160gsm and uncoated, Premium in either 225gsm or 250gsm with a choice of matt or gloss, and Pearlescent which is 300gsm with an eye-catching metallic finish. They use strong paper stock to prevent them bending, rolling or wrinkling.
Some of the features and benefits of Helloprint’s poster printing.
- Offers posters suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Provides a range of sizes
- Customised sizes
- Sticky posters
- Provides downloadable templates
- Has a range of accessories
- Offers next day delivery
Helloprint is a printing company that operates an online printing service which provides businesses with competitively priced products that are produced fast. Their print range includes posters, leaflets, business cards, outdoor media, promotional print and items.
Helloprint produces posters that can be used anywhere with their broad range of paper types which include standard, blueback, waterproof, neon, sticky-backed and photo quality. They offer doubled sided posters and customised sizes as well as A1, A2, A3 and A4. They provide downloadable templates to help you create your posters and can offer next day delivery on many products.
4. Banana Print
Some of the features and benefits of Banana Print’s poster printing.
- Offers a range of indoor poster products
- Four poster sizes
- Choice of paperweight
- Three choices of paper type
- Choice of single or double-sided
- Has 100s of design templates to choose from
- Upload your complete design
- Quantities from 10
- Can offer print and dispatch within 24-hours
- Use Parcelforce fully tracked 24-hour delivery
Banana Print is an online printing business that is based in the midlands and provides services to businesses and individuals. Their product range includes posters, leaflets, business cards, marketing materials, business stationery and photo gifts.
Banana Print offers a range of poster types suitable for indoor use only. They offer four poster sizes which are A3, A2, A1 and A0 in a choice of paper type – 170gsm or 350gsm in silk or 350gsm recycled paper. They offer both single and double-sided posters with quantities starting at 10. They can offer a speedy service with print and dispatch within 24-hours and they provide 24-hour tracked delivery as standard.
Some of the features and benefits of instantprint’s poster printing.
- Posters suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Provides a choice of sizes and shapes
- Offers a range of paper types
- Provides advice and sample packs to choose the right paper
- Quantities from 1
- Easy to upload your design
- Provides templates to create your posters
- Has a design service
- Offers a range of accessories
- Next day delivery available
instantprint is an online business printing service providing services to small businesses. They produce a variety of products including posters, leaflets, business cards, business stationery and point of sale. To help you create your posters they offer free templates and design service, or alternatively you can upload your designs.
instantprint offers a broad choice of paper sizes, shapes and types with guidance and sample packs to help you choose. They offer indoor or outdoor use posters in A4, A3, A2, A1, A0 and a range of other sizes. They offer waterproof and silk paper in a choice of paperweight and level of waterproofing.
Some of the features and benefits of Solopress’ poster printing.
- Offers a wide selection of posters
- A broad range of sizes and shapes
- Choice of paper quality
- Gloss and bond paper
- Dayglo posters
- Lightbox posters
- Downloadable templates to create your poster
- Provides a design team
- Free delivery
- Offers next day delivery service
Solopress is a UK based printing business that offers an online printing service to businesses across Europe. They produce a variety of marketing materials, business stationery and promotional items including posters, leaflets and roller banners.
Solopress offers a wide selection of posters covering a broad range of sizes which includes A4, A3, A2, A1, A0, B2, B1, B0 and strip posters. They offer a choice of gloss posters, bond uncoated posters in a choice of the paperweight, dayglo posters and lightbox posters. They provide support in creating your posters with a range of templates and a design service, or you can upload your own design.
Some of the features and benefits of Hatch’s poster printing.
- Offers a variety of indoor posters
- Provides a range of poster sizes from A4 to A0
- Choice of silk or uncoated paper stock
- Recycled paper
- Quantities from 1
- Has a range of templates to use
- Provides an easy to use design tool
- Offers a design service
- Can select express print for fast delivery
- Offers same day, next day and weekend deliveries
Hatch is a web-based printing provider that produces a range of business stationery and marketing materials including posters, leaflets, business cards, roller banners and promotional items. They offer an express print and delivery service offering same day, next day and weekend deliveries.
Hatch offers a range of indoor poster products that can come in A0, A1, A2, A3 and A4 sizes on a choice of 150gsm silk or 140gsm uncoated paper stock. Both of their paper stocks are made from recycled paper. They offer quantities from one and can also produce posters in customised sizes. They offer a design service, a range of templates or you can upload your design.
Some of the features and benefits of OvernightPrints’ poster printing.
- Offers custom poster printing
- Produces three sizes of posters
- Choice of glossy or satin matte materials
- Blueback poster for pasting
- 150gsm paper stock
- High-quality products
- Minimum quantity of five posters
- Provides a range of payment options
- Offers a range of templates in different file types
- Can provide print jobs within 24-hours UK wide
Overnight Prints is a high-quality printing business that offers an online service to businesses and can provide print within 24-hours. They produce a variety of print products including posters, leaflets, flyers and business stationery.
Overnight Printers offers high-quality posters with custom poster printing. They offer a range of posters in A3, A2 and A1 on glossy or satin matte materials and even blueback posters suitable for pasting or blocking out the background. Their standard posters come on 150gsm illustration paper with a choice of full gloss coating. They provide customisable designs and an extensive range of templates to help you create a poster that really stands out.
Some of the features and benefits of Printed.com’s poster printing.
- Offers indoor and outdoor posters
- Has a choice of 10 poster sizes and custom sizes
- High-quality printing
- Matt and satin paper stocks
- Provides a range of blank templates
- Offers a range of free artwork
- Choice of delivery service including next day
Printed.com is a printing business that operates online offering a variety of business print including posters, leaflets, brochures and business stationery. They offer customers a print promise to either reprint your order or give a refund if you are not happy.
Printed.com’s indoor posters are offered in either satin for photo-quality finish or matt paper with no sheen. Both paper types are FSC certified and recyclable. They offer a variety of sizes including A4, A3, A2, A1 and A0. Their outdoor posters come in A2, A1 and A0 in a choice of blueback and weatherproof which are both high-quality papers that require no finish to stay vibrant and readable.
Some of the features and benefits of Pixartprinting’s poster printing.
- Offers a broad variety of posters
- Indoor posters
- Outdoor posters
- Photo posters
- Choice of a wide range of sizes
- Single or double-sided
- A broad range of paper stock
- Choice of paperweight
- Offers design templates
- Provides a choice of delivery timescales
Pixartprinting.com is a printing business that offers an ecommerce service that produces high volumes of print every day. They produce affordable print products that can be delivered quickly including in 24-hours. They produce a variety of print products including posters, leaflets, business cards, business stationery and promotional items.
Pixartprinting.com offers indoor, outdoor in standard and XL billboard sizes and photo posters. Indoor posters come in sizes from A4 to B1 as single or double-sided posters in a wide choice of paper stock and weight and optional gloss lamination. Standard outdoor posters come in sizes up to B1 on Magistra deluxe blueback 120gsm as do their billboard posters.
Some of the features and benefits of DigitalPrinting.co.uk’s poster printing.
- Offers a wide variety of posters
- Indoor posters
- Outdoor posters
- 96/48/6 sheet posters
- Choice of paper stock
- Different paperweights
- Lamination finish
- Blueback or outdoor poster paper
- Provides a range of design templates
- Offers next day dispatch
DigitalPrinting.com is a printing business offering a variety of online business print. They specialise in business and event print including posters, leaflets, business stationery and promotional items. They provide customers with the option to upload their design as a PDF or create their designs using their templates available in InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and PDF formats.
DigitalPrinting.com’s indoor posters are available in sizes from A4 to A0 in photo satin or poster paper in170gsm or 200gsm with a choice of lamination. Their outdoor posters are available in sizes including A2, A1, A0, 6/48/96 sheets on a choice of outdoor poster paper or blueback in either 130gsm or 150gsm.
Some of the features and benefits of Printing.com’s poster printing.
- Offers a variety of posters
- Choice of five sizes
- Custom sizes available
- Poster paper
- Self-adhesive posters
- Range of paperweight
- Choice of lamination
- Suitable for a range of locations
- Offers a choice of turnaround times
Printing.com is a web-based print business that produces a range of business print products which includes posters, business stationery and marketing materials. They provide their customers with the ability to easily upload their designs or a choice of designing your posters using their resources which are online templates or downloadable InDesign templates.
Printing.com offers a variety of posters which includes A3, A2, A1, A0 and 2A0 in full colour on poster paper, vinyl and self-adhesive vinyl. Poster paper comes coated finish in 205gsm, 275gsm backlit film and 410gsm with gloss and matt lamination. Vinyl comes 440gsm and self-adhesive vinyl 325gsm wall sticker.
Some of the features and benefits of Mixam’s poster printing.
- Indoor and outdoor posters
- Offers a broad range of sizes
- Choice of full colour and greyscale
- Single or double-sided
- Range of paper types
- Weatherproof vinyl
- Florescent colours
- Quantities from 50
- Offers a choice of delivery timescales
Mixam is a business printing company that offers an online service for the production of marketing materials and business stationery. They have built their website to be an easy to use ordering form which takes you through the options available to you and gives you an instant quote.
Mixam offers a variety of posters in sizes from A4 to A0 and they also have narrow and non-standard sizes. They provide colour and greyscale posters with a choice of single and double-sided. They offer a variety of silk, gloss, uncoated, blueback, weatherproof vinyl and fluorescent colours with a choice of paper weight and finish.