We all know that we need to budget for tax and VAT bills but sometimes our cash flow can’t cope with the bills or the bill can be larger than you expected. Managing these liabilities can be difficult when you are trying to maintain healthy cash flow and grow your business.
If this sounds familiar, then maybe a loan to cover your tax and VAT bills might the solution you need. These short-term loans are designed for the specific purpose of spreading out your bills into more manageable payments. Below we have looked at what some the leading providers can offer.
The table below gives a quick comparison of the top UK providers for VAT & business tax loans.
|4. VAT & Business Tax Loans||Min Loan Amount||Max Loan Amount|
|Braemar Finance||Not stated||Not stated|
|Catalyst Business Finance||£25,000||No maximum|
|Merchant Money||Not stated||£150,000|
|Nationwide Corporate Finance||£10,000||£500,000|
|CMF Business Finance||Not stated||Not stated|
|Bluestar Leasing||£3,000||Not stated|
|Wesleyan Bank||Not stated||Not stated|
|Rangewell||Not stated||Not stated|
|PFC Finance||Not stated||Not stated|
* The facts and figures included here come from each company’s website and were accurate at the time of writing (April 2019) but may have since changed. Also, please keep in mind these may not be apples to apples comparisons as each provider offers different solutions. This guide should be used as a starting off point for more research on your part.
Below we profile each of the companies’ services and features in a bit more detail.
1. Braemar Finance
Some of the features and benefits of Braemar Finance’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Designed to help manage the recurring expense of VAT and tax
- Non-secured loan
- Quick and simple to arrange
- Competitive rates
- Flexible repayment terms
- Spread the cost of payments into monthly instalments
- Manage your cash flow more effectively
- Tax loans available for personal tax, corporation, capital gains, crossover and inheritance tax
- Payments can be made directly to the HMRC or your bank account
- Split your VAT liabilities over 3-12 months
Braemar Finance is a specialist business loan provider offering loans that are designed for a variety of funding needs which includes tax loans and VAT loans. These loans are non-secured loans and are quick and simple to arrange. They offer competitive rates and flexible repayment terms. Payments can be paid directly to the HMRC or to your bank account.
Braemar Finance’s VAT loans are designed to help businesses to even out the expense of VAT payments over 3 to 12 months and reduce the impact on working capital. Their tax loans are created to allow you to split your tax bill into fixed and affordable monthly payments.
2. White Oak
Some of the features and benefits of White Oak’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Short-term business loans
- Spread the costs over 3 to 12 months
- Better control of your cash flow
- Suitable for VAT and tax payments
- Also available for a variety of other purposes
- Straightforward application
- Unsecured loans from £2,000 to £500,000
- Fast turnaround in as little as 24 hours
- Interest only loans available
- Accepts 4 out of 5 applications
White Oak is a non-banking finance provider who is one of the largest independent lenders offering loans to small businesses. They offer short-term business loans that can be used for a variety of purposes which includes VAT payments, corporation and income tax and working capital.
White Oak’s short-term business loan offers unsecured loans from £2,000 to £500,000 over repayment terms of 3 to 12 months. They offer short-term loans over 3 months that can be interest-only. The loan has a straightforward application process that can be turnaround within 24 hours as it has no red tape and they accept 4 out of 5 applications.
3. Catalyst Business Finance
Some of the features and benefits of Catalyst Business Finance’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Fast and affordable loans
- Light touch application process
- Loan terms of 3 months
- Minimum loan value of £25,000
- No maximum loan value
- Interest rates starting from 1.5%
- Spread the cost of your quarterly VAT payments
- Weekly or monthly repayment options
- Available to limited companies and LLPs
- Requires a personal guarantee from at least one director
Catalyst Business Finance is an independent business finance provider that offers a range of loans which includes a specific loan product for VAT loans. Their VAT loans are designed to have a fast turnaround with a light touch application process. Their loans are affordable with interest rates starting at 1.5%.
Catalyst Business Finance’s VAT loans are available on a 3-month term to help you spread the cost of your quarterly VAT payments into weekly or monthly repayments. Loans are available from £25,000 and have no maximum loan value. It is available to limited companies and LLPs, but they required a personal guarantee from at least one of your directors.
4. ABC Finance
Some of the features and benefits of ABC Finance’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Loans for tax and VAT payments or other financial emergencies
- Fast and flexible loan
- Loans from £10,000 to £500,000
- No broker or upfront fees
- Reduce the impact on your cash flow
- Spread the cost of your liabilities
- Loans can complete in as little as 24 hours
- Can be used for VAT on a property purchase
- Will listen to your needs
- Search the market for you to get the best deal
ABC Finance is a finance broker who works with a panel of brokers to offer a wide selection of business loans that include VAT loans that are designed as a loan that is suitable for a variety purposes including corporate tax payments, PAYE, quarterly VAT payments and VAT on property purchases.
ABC Finance’s VAT loan spreads the cost of your liabilities and reduces the impact on your cash flow. Loans are available from £10,000 to £500,000. As a broker, they will search the market for you to find the best deal for your circumstances and they state there are no broker or upfront fees to pay.
5. Merchant Money
Some of the features and benefits of Merchant Money’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Finance to pay your tax and VAT bills
- Advise on how best to pay your VAT bills
- Helps you to maintain your working capital
- Funding up to £150,000
- Loans from 1 to 6 months
- Tailored to meet your needs
- Offers a 24-hour approval rate
- No hidden fees or costs
- Payments made directly to the HMRC
- Approves 90% of applications
Merchant Money is a specialist provider of financial products for small businesses in the UK which includes tax and VAT loans. They will offer you their expertise to help manage your VAT bills more effectively. Their loans will help you to spread the cost of your tax and VAT liabilities and maintain a better level of working capital.
Merchant Money’s tax and VAT loans provide short-term funding up to £150,000 for periods of 1 month up to 6 months. They will tailor the loan to meet your business needs and they can turn loans around in as little as 24 hours.
6. Nationwide Corporate Finance
Some of the features and benefits of Nationwide Corporate Finance’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Specific loan for VAT and tax
- Offers unsecured and secured loans
- Funding from £10,000 to £500,000
- Terms from 1 year to 5 years
- Decisions from 2 hours
- Funding received from as little as 24 hours
- Allows early settlement
- Helps you to avoid heavy penalties from the HMRC
- Manageable payments to help you with your cash flow
- Open 7 days a week
Nationwide Corporate Finance is a specialist business finance provider who offers a wide range of loan products which include a specific VAT and tax loan product. Their VAT and tax loan can be an unsecured or secured loan. The loan is designed to help spread the costs of your business expenses and maintain your cash flow.
Nationwide Corporate Finance’s VAT and tax product offer loans from £10,000 up to £500,000 for periods over 1 to 5 years. They offer a very quick turnaround on their decisions in as little as 2 hours and funding can be received as quickly as 24 hours.
Some of the features and benefits of WestWon’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Simple and quick loans to pay for tax and VAT liabilities
- Avoid late payment charges from the HMRC
- Spread the cost of your VAT bills over 3 months
- Budget better for tax bills by spreading them over 6 to 12 months
- Retain your cash flow for other uses
- Unsecured loans
- Fixed monthly repayments
- Loans from £3,000
- Decision within 24 hours
- 90% acceptance rate
WestWon is a specialist business lender offering a range of loans and lease products. Their loans are designed specifically for corporate tax and VAT which are tailored solutions to help businesses cope with these liabilities and avoid expensive fines.
WestWon’s tax and VAT loans are available for amounts over £3,000 on an unsecured basis. They have a simple and quick application process and decisions can be made within 24 hours. VAT loans are available over three months to help you pay your quarterly VAT bill and you can take out a loan each quarter. Corporate tax loans are available over 6 to 12 months to spread your tax liability.
8. CMF Business Finance
Some of the features and benefits of CMF Business Finance’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Short-term loans that can be used to pay tax or VAT bills
- General loan product
- Rates starting at 3%
- Loans from 6 months to 5 years
- Available to businesses with two years’ worth of accounts
- Loans are considered on their individual merit
- Alternative to traditional bank loans
- Simple and less intrusive solution than other forms of loans
- Expert team available for advice and support
- Access to over 20 underwriters
CMF Business Finance is a specialist financial provider for businesses that offer a range of loans and finance options which include short-term loans that can be used to pay VAT and tax bills. Although they do not offer specific products for VAT and tax their generic short-term loan is suitable.
CMF Business Finance’s short-term loan is flexible can be used to spread the costs of your tax bill. It can also be used to cover your VAT bill and they can turn the loan around in 24-hours. Their loans are tailored to your need but start at 6-month terms and rates from 3%.
9. Bluestar Leasing
Some of the features and benefits of Bluestar Leasing’s VAT & business tax loans.
- A commercial loan that can be tailored for paying VAT and tax bills
- A generic loan that can be used for most business purposes
- Available as a secured or unsecured basis
- Loans from £3,000
- Flexible loan terms
- Terms from 3 months to 5 years
- Typically approve credit within 48 hours
- Will pay out the loan quickly after approval
- Requires a minimum of 2 years trading
- Has high acceptance rates
Bluestar Leasing is an independent business finance provider that offers a range of asset finance and commercial loan products to UK businesses. Their commercial loan product is a generic loan that they can tailor to meet your needs which includes paying for VAT and tax liabilities.
Bluestar Leasing’s commercial loan is available as either a secured or unsecured loan for values over £3,000 and offers flexible loan terms with terms from 3 months to 5 years. They offer a fast loan process with credit approvals normally completed in 48 hours and that money will be released soon afterwards.
10. Satellite Finance
Some of the features and benefits of Satellite Finance’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Specialist corporate tax and VAT loan
- Break your bills down into manageable chunks
- Competitive and flexible loan
- Secured or unsecured loan basis
- Money can be released within 24 hours
- An affordable and convenient solution
- Loans from £1,000 to £25,000
- Terms from 1 week to 5 years
- Fixed monthly repayments
- Has high acceptance rates
Satellite Finance is a specialist financial provider to businesses offering a range of products including asset finance, loans, vehicle finance, invoice finance and commercial mortgages. Their loan products include a loan specifically designed to pay tax and VAT. Their corporate tax and VAT loans are a short-term loan that can be a secured or unsecured loan with repayment terms as low as 1 week or up to 5 years.
Satellite Finance’s corporate tax and VAT loan enables businesses to breakdown their bills into manageable chunks and avoid fines from the HMRC. These loans are quickly turned around, potentially within 24 hours for loans from £1,000 to £25,000.
Some of the features and benefits of BloomSmith’s VAT & business tax loans.
- For paying VAT on commercial property purchases
- Unsecured finance
- Can cover 100% of your VAT bill
- Helps to pay the often overlooked VAT liability
- Although the VAT is recovered from the HMRC it can leave a hole in your cash flow
- Minimum loan of £50,000
- No maximum loan value
- Can have multiple VAT loans with them
- Property purchased needs to be held in a Special Purpose Vehicle
- Available to individuals, companies and brokers
BloomSmith is a specialist finance provider that offers products specifically for paying VAT liabilities from purchasing a commercial property. You can borrow the full VAT liability for loans from £50,000 with no maximum limit. They offer this as a short-term loan to bridge the gap in having to pay the VAT and whilst you are waiting to recover the VAT from the HMRC.
BloomSmith’s VAT loan is a flexible product that will cater for your needs but requires you to hold the property purchased in a Special Purpose Vehicle. There is no limit on the loan value and the number of VAT loans you can hold with them.
12. Wesleyan Bank
Some of the features and benefits of Wesleyan Bank’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Specific loans for paying tax and VAT liabilities
- Designed for SMEs
- Tailored solutions
- Competitive rates
- Helps you to maintain working capital
- Tax loans over 6 to 12 months
- VAT loans from 3 to 12 months
- Unsecured loan
- Quote within 48 hours
- Provides specialist finance products for specific professions
Wesleyan Bank is a financial provider that offers a range of business finance solutions that are tailored to the specific needs of several professions and small to medium-sized businesses. Their range of loans includes two specific loans for tax and VAT payments.
Wesleyan Bank’s tax and VAT loans enable businesses to spread the cost of their tax and VAT bills into fixed monthly repayments that are more manageable. These loans offer competitive rates on an unsecured basis. Tax loans terms are for 6 to 12 months and VAT loans for 3 to 12 months to match your VAT payment frequency.
Some of the features and benefits of Rangewell’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Loan to replace quarterly and annual bills
- Short-term loan
- More manageable fixed monthly repayments
- Easy tax flow burdens
- Avoid penalties
- Maintain a healthy cash flow
- Funds can be received within 24 hours
- Flexible solutions
- Unsecured loan
- Available to established businesses and start-ups
Rangewell is a financial services broker offering a wide range of loans and financial products to businesses in the UK. Their business loans range includes VAT and tax loans that are a short-term loan that is designed to meet the needs of businesses who can’t afford to pay their tax or VAT bill when it is due.
Rangewell’s tax and VAT loan will pay the liability and make the bill more manageable with fixed monthly repayments which ease your tax flow burden and avoid penalties. In most cases, the loan will be an unsecured loan and they can turn some loans around in as little as 24 hours.
14. PFC Finance
Some of the features and benefits of PFC Finance’s VAT & business tax loans.
- Specific loan for tax and VAT funding
- Includes self-assessment tax, corporation tax, partnership tax, other tax and VAT
- Pay unexpected bills
- Release working capital to help your business grow
- Manage your cash flow better
- Spread the cost
- Fixed monthly repayments
- VAT loans for 3 months
- Tax loans for 12 months
- Longer-term tax loans are available up to 5 years
PFC Finance is a financial service broker with a panel of over 60 lenders and offers financial products and loans. Their loan range includes a specific loan tailored to meet the needs of paying tax and VAT bills. Tax liabilities include self-assessment tax, corporation tax, partnership tax and other tax.
PFC Finance’s tax and VAT loan help businesses to spread the cost of their liabilities over several months into more manageable fixed monthly repayments. VAT loans are available over 3 months to match the quarterly bills. Tax loans are typically available up to 12 months but depending on your circumstances they will consider loans up to 5 years.
* Please note we may be paid a fee if you visit Swoop and/or EJ Finance to take out a loan.