As a driving instructor safety is probably at the forefront of your mind as well as protecting your livelihood which is largely your vehicle. Therefore, effective and comprehensive cover is essential to protect your clients, the public, your business and yourself. Driving instructor insurance is a very specialist product that has a lot of risks so there are not many insurance providers offering this. Below are details of those providers we have found.
The table below gives a quick comparison of the top UK providers for driving school insurance.
Company Minimum cover Maximum cover
Towergate Insurance Not stated Not stated
Gallagher Not stated Not stated
Lloyd Latchford Group Not stated Not stated
* The facts and figures included here come from each company’s website and were accurate at the time of writing (February 2020) but may have since changed. Also, please keep in mind these may not be apples to apples comparisons as each provider offers different solutions. This guide should be used as a starting off point for more research on your part.
Below we profile each of the companies’ services and features in a bit more detail.
Note companies are ranked in no particular order and this no way indicates one solution is better than another.
1. Towergate Insurance
Some of the features and benefits of Towergate Insurance’s driving school insurance.
- Flexible driving instructor insurance
- Tailored cover to meet your needs
- Dual control replacement cars
- Comprehensive cover with any driver cover
- Off-road tuition cover
- Specialist cover for Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs)
- Cover for Potential Driving Instructors (PDIs)
- Driving schools
- Commercial tuition fleets
- Dual control contract hire vehicle operators
Towergate Insurance is an insurance provider that offers a broad range of business insurance which includes generic products and those that cater for specific trades and professions. Their range offers a variety of motor insurance which includes driving instructor insurance.
Towergate Insurance’s driving instructor insurance offers tailored policies that provide comprehensive cover with any driver coverage. Their policies are designed for Approved Driving Instructors, Potential Driving Instructors, driving schools, commercial tuition fleets and dual control contract hire vehicle operators. Their cover provides dual control replacement car within 24 hours, off-road tuition cover, and negligent tuition cover.
Some of the features and benefits of Gallagher’s driving school insurance.
- Insurance for driving instructors and driving schools
- Comprehensive cover
- Protection for your livelihood
- Replacement dual control vehicle
- Negligent driving tuition
- Off-road tuition cover
- Banned or convicted drivers retaking their driving test
- Personal accident cover
- ADI test cover
- Option to add RAC breakdown cover
Gallagher is an insurance provider that offers a range of small business and corporate insurance products which includes a range of specialist insurance cover designed to meet the needs of specific trades and professions. Their range of insurance products includes insurance for driving instructors and driving schools.
Gallagher’s driving instructors and driving schools’ insurance offers comprehensive cover that helps protect your livelihood. Their cover offers replacement dual control vehicles, negligent driving tuition, off-road tuition, banned or convicted drivers retaking their driving test, and personal accident cover. Their policy also includes ADI test cover and the option to add RAC breakdown cover.
3. Lloyd Latchford Group
Some of the features and benefits of Lloyd Latchford Group’s driving school insurance.
- Dedicated driving instructor insurance
- 24-hour accident management service
- Lock and key cover
- No claims bonus protection
- Optional dual control replacement car
- Insurance designed specifically for driving instructors
- Apply online or over the phone
- Introductory discounts are available
- Dedicated team of experienced underwriters
Lloyd Latchford Group is an insurance provider that offers a range of business insurance products that are specialist products that are designed to meet the specific needs of particular trades and professions. Their product range includes a range of motor insurance which includes driving instructor insurance.
Lloyd Latchford Group’s driving instructor insurance is designed specifically to meet the needs of driving instructors. They have an experienced team of underwriters which can help create the cover you require and they have a 24-hour accident management service. They cover lock and keys, no claims bonus protection and the option to include dual control replacement car cover.