Barclays offers a range of business current accounts for businesses of all sizes in the UK including offering an initial 12 months free banking for some business customers. Below we look at reviews for the company along with the accounts they offer, how much they cost and other key things you need to know to help you decide which business bank account provider is right for your business.
Below we look at reviews for Bank of Scotland from a variety of websites. Please keep in mind that these reviews are for all of Bank of Scotland’s services and so may not fully reflect their business offerings.
- Trustpliot: 1.5 of 5 based on 4,639 reviews.
- Review Centre: 1.3 out of 5 based on 352 reviews.
- Reviews.co.uk: 1.43 out of 5 based on 396 reviews.
Barclays Business Services Plans, Packages & Prices
Barclays offers a range of business bank accounts that are suitable for businesses of most sizes including start-up businesses and those with a turnover up to £400k or between £400k and £6.5 million.
Their business start-up and small business bank accounts include:
- 12 months free banking subject to eligibility (includes account fee and transaction fees)
- 24/7 online account management
- Mobile app
- Free invoicing feature on their app
- Access to a business manager
Choice of two price plans – Mixed Payments Plan and e-Payments Plan.
Mixed Payments Plan is designed for businesses that use cash, cheques and other payments. The plan includes:
- Account fee of £6 per month
- Electronic payments charge of £0.35
- Cash payment charge of £0.90 for £100
- Cheques charge of £0.65
- Free cash machine withdrawals
e-Payments Plan is designed for those predominantly making and receiving electronic payments. The plan includes:
- Account fee of £6.50 per month
- Free electronic payments
- Cash payments charged at £1.50 per £100
- Cheques charged at £1.50 per transaction
- Free cash machine withdrawals
Note plans, packages and prices were all accurate at the time of publication but may have changed since then. Please check Barclays’ website for the latest information.
Barclays’ history can be traced back to 1690 where one of it’s founding banking businesses was started. The bank first began trading as Barclays and Co in 1896 when several banks where combined and it then expanded over several decades to become a nationwide bank. In the last century, Barclays continued to grow as it acquired further banks.
Barclays is a British banking provider that offers personal banking services and small business banking through their retail banking service. They also offer banking services to larger businesses and institutions through their corporate and investment banking services.
They offer a wide range of financial and banking services to businesses and individuals which includes bank accounts, savings products, loans, mortgages, overdrafts and a variety of business loan products.
Switching To Barclays
Barclays offers a full switch or partial switch service if you are not ready to close your existing account. To switch your bank account, you will need to provide three years’ address history, all your business details including registration number, your personal details, and any financial arrangements you have such as mortgages, credit cards and loans.
Whichever switching route you choose, Barclays will take care of your bank account switch and remove the hassle for you. The switch can take place within seven working days and is backed by the Current Account Switch Guarantee.
Additional Business Services From Barclays
Barclays offers a wide variety of business banking and finance products which includes:
- business credit cards
- asset finance
- invoice finance
- international business support products
Barclays Business Service Availability
Barclays offers business bank accounts to businesses of most sizes up to £6.5 million turnover and includes business start-ups. To be eligible for a business current account you must be over 18, have the right to live in the UK and provide a minimum of 12 months’ UK address history.
Specific criteria may also apply to some sectors including agriculture and social housing.
Barclays Business Customer Service and Complaints
You can contact the Barclays customer service team on 0345 605 2345 (Monday-Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-6pm). You can also contact them through the in app chat function.
Barclays Business Contact
You can get in contact with Barclays by:
- New customer accounts – 0800 515 462 (Monday-Friday 8am-7pm)
- Existing customers – 0345 605 2345 (Monday-Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-6pm)
- In app chat
- Live chat on the website (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
- Contact form
- Post – 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HL
Barclays Business Services Pros/Cons
- Offers a branch and van banking network
- Access your bank account through Post Office banking services
- Customer service centre available evenings and weekends
- Choice of price plan
- A high number of poor customer reviews
- Currently in the process of closing a lot of branches