Across many industries companies of all shapes and sizes offer benefits for their employees. But how does the opinion of the British public compare to what businesses are actually doing for most of their workers?
Share this Image On Your Site
What you get vs What you want
Companies set up benefits for their employees to keep them happy. We asked people what they currently receive but also what they would value over a pay rise.
|Perk||% Who Pick As The Best Perk They Currently Get||% Who Pick This As The Perk They Most Want||Examples|
|Employee discount||19.61%||11.05%||Harrods - 33% off all items
|Additional holiday / Sabbatical / Flexible working hours||18.82%||26.28%||Virgin - Unlimited Holiday
|Training Budget||11.82%||3.06%||Barclays - Interview Assistance for Prospective Employees
|Food / Drink||11.25%||9.18%||Google - Free Catering
|Wellness (yoga, massages, bring your dog) / Health / Maternity / Paternity||10.38%||10.54%||MADE.com - Bring Your Dog To Work
|Events / Away Days / Dress-Down Fridays||10.31%||5.36%||JustEat - Resident DJ for Office Parties
|Insurance||9.01%||10.80%||Allen and Overy - On-Site Doctor and Dentist
|Travel / Company car||5.98%||16.41%||Audi - Company Car
|Luxuries||2.81%||7.31%||Cogeco Peer 1 - Office Pub, Treehouse, Putting Green
Work Perk Satisfaction
Is the UK happy with the extra benefits their employer provide? We’ve asked males and females across the country to rate their perks.
How happy are you with the benefits you currently receive at work?
|Neither happy nor unhappy||26.55%||25.44%
Job Perks and the Generations: Millenials Vs Boomers
As you go through life, your priorities change and so too will the benefits you look for from your employer. A lot is said about each generation, but what do they prioritise in terms of their working benefits?
We asked: “If you were looking to apply for a new job, which of the following perks offered by a company would most increase the likelihood of you applying for a job with them?”
|£4,000 housing contributions ||28.76%||21.74%||15.94%||14.98%
|Sabbatical - Up to 6 weeks paid leave ||23.53%||19.48%||22.11%||21.71%
|£1,200 to spend on exercise/fitness related products ||11.11%||14.43%||7.77%||5.81%
|One years parental leave ||11.11%||10.78%||3.19%||1.53%
|Health Insurance / Death-in-service ||9.80%||10.61%||22.51%||26.61%
|Paid Volunteering Opportunities ||7.84%||5.91%||7.17%||3.06%
|New company car every 4 months ||4.58%||5.22%||10.36%||8.87%
|None of the above / not sure ||3.27%||11.83%||10.96%||17.43%
Other popular small business topics:
- Top 22 UK Business Bank Accounts: 2019 Online Price Comparison
- 6 Cheap Mobile Credit Card Payment Machines For UK Small Businesses
- Top 28 Business Loans: Compare Lenders From £1,000 to £10 Million+
- Top 34 Business Insurance Providers: 2019 Price & Quote Comparison
- Top 20 Public Liability Insurance Providers: Compare Costs & Quotes
- Top 17 UK Commercial Mortgage Providers: Compare 2019 Rates
- Top 24 Phone Systems For UK Small Business: 2019 Price Comparison
- Top 26 Point of Sale & EPOS System Providers: 2019 Price Comparison
- Invoice Factoring Cost Comparison: Top 23 Companies In The UK
- 2019 Small Business Electricity Prices: Compare Top Suppliers & Rates
Find this study interesting? Please share with a friend: