WePay offers payment infrastructure for independent software vendors and payment facilitators. Below we look at reviews for the company along with the services they offer, how much they cost and other key things you need to know to help you decide which payment services provider is right for your business.
WePay Payment Service Reviews
Below we look at reviews for WePay from a variety of websites. Please keep in mind that these reviews are for all of WePay’s services and so may not fully reflect their individual offerings.
- Trustpilot: 1.0 of 5 based on 1 review.
WePay Payment Services Plans, Packages & Prices
- Customisable checkout form
- Accept credit and debit cards as well as digital wallets
- Same day deposits available
- PCI DSS compliant
- Integrated reporting
There is no pricing information available.
Note plans, packages and prices were all accurate at the time of publication (May 2021) but may have changed since then. Please check WePay’s website for the latest information.
WePay was founded in 2008 with a mission to simplify payments for businesses. In 2017 they were acquired by JPMorgan Chase to connect WePay’s fintech technology to its banking power to allow them to deliver integrated payments and integrated banking. Through this acquisition, WePay is able to offer same-day deposits to Chase bank account customers.
They created an API that could be used by anyone that needed a payments infrastructure. They now offer white label payments solutions to independent software vendors (ISVs) and SaaS platforms as well as services for large payment facilitators.
WePay offers instant onboarding to help merchants to begin accepting payments straight away. They support a wide range of pre-certified devices through their Card Present Solutions and they reduce the risk that businesses face from accepting payments by providing secure and compliant transactions.
Switching To WePay
If you want to join WePay you can complete their online getting started form with a few details about your business and they will get in touch with you about what they can offer you.
Additional Business Services From WePay
WePay doesn’t currently offer any other services to businesses.
WePay Customer Service and Complaints
You can contact the WePay customer service team by submitting a ticket through their contact us on Monday-Friday 9am-9pm.
You can get in contact with WePay by:
- Submit an online ticket through their contact us (Monday-Friday 9am-9pm)
- Submit a new request using their form
- Contact sale by completing their sales form
- Post – 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London
WePay Payment Services Pros/Cons
- Experienced payments infrastructure provider
- Offers same-day deposits in some cases
- Accepts most payment types
- PCI DSS compliant
- Provides reporting
- Caters only for larger businesses or developers
- Only provides electronic contact details
- A low number of customer reviews with a poor rating