Braintree is a division of PayPal that offers merchant accounts, payment gateways and online payment services to businesses to assist them in optimising payment experience. Below we look at reviews for the company along with the services they offer, how much they cost and other key things you need to know to help you decide which payment services provider is right for your business.
Braintree Payment Service Reviews
Below we look at reviews for Braintree from a variety of websites. Please keep in mind that these reviews are for all of Braintree’s services and so may not fully reflect their individual offerings.
- Trustpilot: 1.3 of 5 based on 155 reviews.
Braintree Payment Services Plans, Packages & Prices
- Seamless integration
- Optimised payments experience
- Accept PayPal, credit and debit cards, and digital wallets (like Apple Pay and Google Pay)
- Scalable solution
- Streamline business operations
- Mitigate risks and keep payment data secure
- Fraud checks
- Level 1 PCI compliant service provider
- Reporting tools
- Backed by PayPal
Braintree offers two pricing routes – standard pricing and custom pricing that is tailored to your business needs.
Standard pricing charges are:
- 9% + £0.20 per transaction
- No monthly fee, no minimum charge and no hidden fees
Note plans, packages and prices were all accurate at the time of publication (April 2021) but may have changed since then. Please check Braintree’s website for the latest information.
Braintree is a global commerce tool provider that was founded in Chicago in 2007 but they launched their first payment platform in 2010. In 2012, they bought Venmo to bring in next-generation payments and then in 2013 they were acquired by PayPal. Braintree now has seven global offices including one in London and employs over 500 people.
Braintree helps businesses to accepts payments from over 45 countries or regions in the world covering more than 130 currencies. They provide customers with merchant accounts, payment gateways, online payment processing, data sharing tools, marketplace payments and Auth to connect and give permission to trusted third parties.
Braintree is an established and trusted brand that works with leading companies from across the globe including Uber, Dropbox, Airbnb, Eventbrite and Yelp.
Switching To Braintree
If you want to join Braintree you have the option of trying them out first by using their sandbox for free. You will need to sign up for the sandbox to get access to it which you can do on their website.
To sign up for their full service you can either call the sales team on 0203 949 3274 or complete their sales enquiry form and their sales team will be in touch with you to provide you with further information.
Additional Business Services From Braintree
Braintree is a specialist payment provider but they do offer some other payment services which include:
- Data sharing tools to manage your payment data
- Auth to allow you to connect and give permission to trusted third parties
Braintree Customer Service and Complaints
You can contact the Braintree sales team on 0207 949 3274 or submit a support request.
You can get in contact with Braintree by:
- Completing their contact form
- Calling the sales team on 0207 949 3274
- Submit a support request
- Post – 247 Tottenham Court Road, Floor 1, London W1T 7QX
Braintree Payment Services Pros/Cons
- Business backed by PayPal
- Accepts the widest range of payments
- High level of security and fraud checks
- Used by many trusted brands
- Simple pricing structure with no hidden fees
- Poorly rated on customer review sites
- Support requests have to be submitted on an online form only