PayPal offers a variety of payment services which includes online, in person, over the phone, by pay link and QR code. Below we look at reviews for the company along with the services they offer, how much they cost and other key things you need to know to help you decide which payment services provider is right for your business.
PayPal Payment Service Reviews
Below we look at reviews for PayPal from a variety of websites. Please keep in mind that these reviews are for all of PayPal’s services and so may not fully reflect their individual offerings.
- Trustpilot: 1.2 of 5 based on 4,103 reviews.
- Review Centre: 1.5 out of 5 based on 323 reviews.
- Reviews.co.uk: 2.61 out of 5 based on 205 reviews.
PayPal Payment Services Plans, Packages & Prices
- Accepts the most popular payment methods
- Available on over 200 markets
- Use QR codes for payments
- Send email invoices
- Create pay me links on email, chat, text or social media
- Subscription service
- Access the PayPal Commerce Platform for insights, monitor activity and manage funds
Their merchant charges are:
- 90% + £0.30 for UK transactions (charges vary per country)
Note plans, packages and prices were all accurate at the time of publication but may have changed since then. Please check PayPal’s website for the latest information.
PayPal is a global payment processing company that was founded in 1998 and launched in 2002. Later in 2002, they were acquired by eBay as it was one of the main forms of online payment processing on their platform. In 2014, PayPal was separated from eBay and was traded publicly as its own entity.
In 2018, PayPal acquire iZettle another payments provider and rebranded them as Zettle and they now operate as PayPal’s POS and card machine arm of the business. Zettle have since ceased to offer online payments. PayPal now offers payments online, in-person (through Zettle), over the phone using a virtual terminal, using QR codes, email invoices, and pay me links over text, email, chat and social media.
PayPal offers a payment processing platform that allows businesses to streamline their operations as they can view all their transactions in one place and monitor activity on their account. The platform gives you access to insights and manage your funds.
Switching To PayPal
If you want to join PayPal online payment services you need to either log in or create a PayPal account for your business. Once you have an account you can then complete their short questionnaire to help them provide the right service for you. They will support you in integrating their checkout into your website.
Additional Business Services From PayPal
PayPal is a specialist payment provider that can also accept payments:
- In-person through a card reader, smartphone or tablet
- Touch-free through the use of QR code scanning
- By phone or email
- Pay me links for use by text, email, chat and social media
- POS equipment through their subsidiary Zettle
PayPal Customer Service and Complaints
PayPal only provides their contact details to their customers on their portal.
You can get in contact with PayPal by logging into their portal as an existing customer.
PayPal Payment Services Pros/Cons
- Accepts most popular payment methods
- Available in 200 markets
- Comprehensive commerce platform
- Alternative payment methods such as QR codes and pay me links
- Global recognised brand
- Complicated payment charges for global transactions
- Low customer ratings