SumUp is a payment provider that offers a range of card readers, payments links, invoices, the ability to sell online and gift cards. Below we look at reviews for the company along with the services they offer, how much they cost and other key things you need to know to help you decide which payment services provider is right for your business.
SumUp Payment Service Reviews
Below we look at reviews for SumUp from a variety of websites. Please keep in mind that these reviews are for all of SumUp’s services and so may not fully reflect their individual offerings.
SumUp Payment Services Plans, Packages & Prices
SumUp offers card readers that include:
- Accept credit, debit and contactless payments
- Use Wi-Fi connection or mobile data to process payments from anywhere
- Create product catalogue
- Bluetooth connection to smartphone or tablet
- Securely take payments
- Run multiple staff accounts
- Track transactions easily
- Enables you to accept cash, tips and produce receipts and refunds from a single device
- Simple pricing
- Charging station
The cost of their card readers includes:
- A transaction fee of 1.69%
- No monthly charges
- Card reader purchase costs starting at £29
Note plans, packages and prices were all accurate at the time of publication but may have changed since then. Please check SumUp’s website for the latest information.
SumUp was founded in 2012 to help support small businesses to grow and accept card payments easily. Since then, the number of businesses using SumUp has grown and there are now over two million businesses using SumUp card readers.
They support and target a lot of businesses that most providers consider as being too small. Their range of products has also grown beyond card readers to include remote payments such as payment links, invoices, online payments and gift cards.
SumUp has made accepting card payments simple by enabling businesses to pair their card reader with a smartphone or tablet to process the payment and the card reader to take the payment. They offer transparent and simple pricing with no monthly charges just a straightforward transaction percentage. Their card payments are a secure method of payment that has received full certification from the regulatory bodies and is authorised as a Payment Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority and is PCI-DSS certified.
Switching To SumUp
If you want to purchase a card reader from SumUp you can order your choice of card reader online by selecting the product and setting up an account with them. They will send out your card reader and once you have received it and your account is set up you can start using it.
Additional Business Services From SumUp
SumUp offers a range of payment services which includes:
- Payment links
- Online payments
- Gift cards
SumUp Customer Service and Complaints
Existing SumUp customers can log in to their app or dashboard to get support and new customers can search the support centre for answers or chat online with their advisers if they can’t find the answers that they need.
You can get in contact with SumUp by:
- Existing customers should log in to their app or dashboard to contact them
- New customers can live chat on the website
- Can complete their contact form
- Post – 32-34 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7JB
SumUp Payment Services Pros/Cons
- Simple pricing with no monthly charges
- Offers a low-cost card reader
- Enables you to accept payments from anywhere
- A higher proportion of positive customer reviews
- Not clear what the contact arrangements are for support
- Not many options if you want to expand to a POS system