The map above shows regional business density in the UK. This is calculated as the number of businesses in the UK private sector per 10,000 adults at the start of 2017.
At that time, there was a record of 5.7 million private sector businesses in the UK. Small businesses accounted for 99.3% of all private sector businesses at the start of 2017. However, they only accounted for 48% of private sector employment and 37% of turnover.
However, these figures are not spread evenly throughout the UK as you can see in the map above and the table below:
|Business Density Rate
|East of England
|Yorkshire and the Humber
London is the clear leader when it comes not only to total businesses but also the number of businesses per capita. At the other end of the spectrum you have the North East, Scotland and Wales.
Other popular small business topics:
- Top 27 UK Business Bank Accounts Comparison
- 6 Cheap Mobile Credit Card Payment Machines For UK Small Businesses
- Top 23 Unsecured Business Loans
- Top 34 Business Insurance Comparison
- Top 20 Public Liability Insurance Comparison
- Top 17 UK Commercial Mortgage Comparison
- Top 24 Phone System Comparison
- Top 26 Point of Sale & EPOS System Comparison
- Invoice Factoring Cost Comparison
- Small Business Electricity Price Comparison
Please leave your comments below and share if you found this interesting: