The map above shows regional business density in the UK. This is calculated as the number of businesses in the UK private sector per 10,000 adults at the start of 2017.
At that time, there was a record of 5.7 million private sector businesses in the UK. Small businesses accounted for 99.3% of all private sector businesses at the start of 2017. However, they only accounted for 48% of private sector employment and 37% of turnover.
However, these figures are not spread evenly throughout the UK as you can see in the map above and the table below:
|Region||Business Density Rate|
|East of England||1,155|
|Yorkshire and the Humber||953|
London is the clear leader when it comes not only to total businesses but also the number of businesses per capita. At the other end of the spectrum you have the North East, Scotland and Wales.
Other popular small business topics:
- Top 22 UK Business Bank Accounts: 2019 Online Price Comparison
- 6 Cheap Mobile Credit Card Payment Machines For UK Small Businesses
- Top 28 Business Loans: Compare Lenders From £1,000 to £10 Million+
- Top 34 Business Insurance Providers: 2019 Price & Quote Comparison
- Top 20 Public Liability Insurance Providers: Compare Costs & Quotes
- Top 17 UK Commercial Mortgage Providers: Compare 2019 Rates
- Top 24 Phone Systems For UK Small Business: 2019 Price Comparison
- Top 26 Point of Sale & EPOS System Providers: 2019 Price Comparison
- Invoice Factoring Cost Comparison: Top 23 Companies In The UK
- 2019 Small Business Electricity Prices: Compare Top Suppliers & Rates
Please leave your comments below and share if you found this interesting: