Shopify is an online store and payment provider that offers a range of services including building an online store, managing online payments and online marketing, as well as point of sale equipment including card readers and EPOS systems. Below we look at reviews for the company along with the services they offer, how much they cost and other key things you need to know to help you decide which payment services provider is right for your business.
Shopify Payment Service Reviews
Below we look at reviews for Shopify from a variety of websites. Please keep in mind that these reviews are for all of Shopify’s services and so may not fully reflect their individual offerings.
- Trustpilot: 1.3 of 5 based on 432 reviews.
- Review Centre: 1.0 out of 5 based on 2 reviews.
- Reviews.co.uk: 4.33 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.
Shopify Payment Services Plans, Packages & Prices
- Comes with all Shopify accounts
- Accept credit cards and other popular payment methods
- PCI compliant and supports 3D secure checkouts
- Track your orders and payments
- Set price plans
- Offers a 14-day free trial
They offer three online payment plans which are:
Basic Shopify plan:
- $29 per month
- Online credit card rates 2.2% + £0.20
- In-person credit card rates 1.7% + £0
- $79 per month
- Online credit card rates 1.9% + £0.20
- In-person credit card rates 1.6% + £0
Advanced Shopify plan:
- $299 per month
- Online credit card rates 1.6% + £0.20
- In-person credit card rates 1.5% + £0
Card machines and POS systems
- Ability to connect POS hardware, software and payments instantly
- Accept payments anywhere with wireless hardware
- Low credit card rates
- Offers a range of compatible devices including barcode scanners, printers and more
- No sign up or set up fee
- Accept popular payment methods
- Integrate with online sales
They offer two POS plans which are:
Shopify POS Lite plan
- Included with all Shopify plans
- Start at 1.5% + £0
- Includes mobile POS and hardware accessories
Shopify POS Pro plan
- $89 per month per location in addition to your Shopify plan
- This is included in the Shopify Plus plan
Features included in the above plans vary.
Note plans, packages and prices were all accurate at the time of publication but may have changed since then. Please check Shopify’s website for the latest information.
Shopify was founded in 2006 by a business that couldn’t find the right ecommerce solution so created their own. Since then they have grown massively and now support over 1.7 million businesses around the world on their all-in-one commerce platform.
Shopify aimed to make it easier for independent businesses to get started, run or grow. They aim to invest in the future and therefore want to be sustainable in their business through their Sustainability Fund and Social Impact Initiatives to lower their impact on the environment.
They offer an online shop builder that has built-in payment capabilities to allow businesses to start selling online quickly and easily. They also offer in-store payment solutions that can be integrated with online payments which include being able to accept portable payments and payments on the move. They also offer a range of compatible devices including barcode scanners, printers and more.
Switching To Shopify
If you want to join Shopify you can start a free trial by registering your details on their website and creating your Shopify store. If you want to enquire about POS systems you can complete their online enquiry form and they will contact you within 24 hours.
To set up Shopify Payments you need to have a Shopify store. If you have a store you can log into your store to set up payments, as they include payments as standard as part of your account and you just need to turn it on.
Additional Business Services From Shopify
Shopify offers business sales support services which also include:
- Website builder
- Sales support and marketing
Shopify Customer Service and Complaints
You can contact the Shopify customer service team by logging into your Shopify account if you are an existing customer. If you are a new customer you can complete their contact form.
You can get in contact with Shopify by:
- Completing their contact form
- Live chat online in the Help Center
- Post – 1 Bartholomew Lane, London EC2N 2AX
Shopify Payment Services Pros/Cons
- Easy set up for online payments
- Offers 14-day trial
- No sign up or set up fee
- Choice of price plans and can extend to offline business
- Poorly rated in customer reviews
- You need to have a Shopify store to use their online payments