Square is an online store builder and payments processing provider which includes online and offline sales as well as point of sale equipment. Below we look at reviews for the company along with the services they offer, how much they cost and other key things you need to know to help you decide which payment services provider is right for your business.
Square Payment Service Reviews
Below we look at reviews for Square from a variety of websites. Please keep in mind that these reviews are for all of Square’s services and so may not fully reflect their individual offerings.
Square Payment Services Plans, Packages & Prices
- APIs and customisable payment form
- Next day settlement
- Real-time updates and analytics about sales and inventory
- Safe and secure payments
- Phone support during office hours and 24/7 email support
- Clear and transparent pricing
- No setup or start-up fees
- Can integrate online and offline payments
- PCI DSS compliant
- Fraud prevention and end-to-end encryption
There several price plans available as part of their online store which include:
- Free – £0 per month, 1.9% for European cards transactions, 2.9% for non-European cards transactions.
- Professional – £9 per month, 1.9% for European cards transactions, 2.9% for non-European cards transactions.
- Performance – £19 per month, 1.9% for European cards transactions, 2.9% for non-European cards transactions.
- Premium – £54 per month, 1.75% for European cards transactions, 2.9% for non-European cards transactions.
- Custom pricing – is available for businesses processing over £250,000 per year.
Square also offers a range of point of sale equipment which offers:
- Bespoke systems
- Fast checkout
- Customisable checkout
- Accept contactless payments
- Connect with your online store
- Real-time reporting
- Flexible and scalable
- Integrates with favourite apps like Xero
- No setup fees or monthly fees
Point of sale pricing:
- Processing rate – 1.75% card fee, 2.5% for virtual terminal and invoices
- POS hardware starting at £19
Note plans, packages and prices were all accurate at the time of publication but may have changed since then. Please check Square’s website for the latest information.
Square was founded in San Francisco in 2009 in its humble beginning as a little white card reader to accept card payments but has since grown into a global payment processing business. They have offices across the world including in the USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, the UK and Ireland.
Square aims to empower small businesses to grow and develop through being able to accept payments and build an online presence to sell their products and services. Square offers a website building tool that allows you to create an online presence and sell your products. They offer APIs and customisable payment forms that provide end-to-end encryption and fraud prevention to keep your transactions safe and secure.
They also continue to offer their traditional range of point of sale equipment to assist you in accepting payments in-store which includes readers, terminals, stands and registers. They have integrated their online and offline systems to allow businesses to better track their inventory and sales.
Switching To Square
If you want to join Square for their online payment processing you can sign up online using their online form, or if you already have an account with Square from building a website with them you can sign in to your account to set up payments. Alternatively, you can contact the sales team by completing the contact form.
Additional Business Services From Square
Square offers a range of payment services which includes:
Square Customer Service and Complaints
You can contact the Square customer service team on 0800 098 8008 on Monday-Friday 9am-5pm or you can email them through their contact form.
You can get in contact with Square by:
- Completing their contact form
- Call 0800 098 8008 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
- Post – 39 Sloane Square, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9LP
Square Payment Services Pros/Cons
- Integrate online and offline sales
- Safe and secure platform
- Clear pricing and no setup fees
- Highly rated in customer reviews
- Requires a Square website
- Customer support only available during office hours