Lightspeed provides point of sale solutions for retailers, restaurants and golf businesses. Below we look at reviews for the company along with the services they offer, how much they cost and other key things you need to know to help you decide which payment services provider is right for your business.
Lightspeed Payment Service Reviews
Below we look at reviews for Lightspeed from a variety of websites. Please keep in mind that these reviews are for all of Lightspeed’s services and so may not fully reflect their individual offerings.
- Trustpilot: 4.2 of 5 based on 610 reviews.
Lightspeed Payment Services Plans, Packages & Prices
- Cloud-based solutions
- Powerful solutions that simple to use
- Bring together multiple revenue streams
- Remote access to your systems on any device
- Designed for retail, restaurants and golf industries
- Integrate with online sales
- Connect with online delivery platforms like UberEats, Deliveroo and Just Eat
- Optimise stock with smart inventory management
- Flexible payment options
- Gift card management
- Suitable for multiple locations
- Take appointments/bookings with confirmations and reminders
- Customisable floor plans
- Reservation system
- Menu management
- Self-ordering integrations
- Easy to use tee sheets
- Integrate marketing tools
- Member and loyalty management
- Track employee performance
- Powerful reporting and analytics
- One-on-one onboarding
- Provides webinars, demos and videos
- Unlimited 24/7 support
They offer a range of retail packages which include:
- Basic – from £69 per month includes retail POS
- Standard – from £99 per month includes retail POS
- Advanced – from £129 per month includes retail POS
- Pro – from £199 per month includes retail POS
- Enterprise – for high volume merchants and larger businesses, pricing is available on request
They offer restaurant packages that include:
- Start at £59 per month
- Premium add-ons starting at £19 per month such as Order Anywhere, Delivery eCom for Restaurant
- Enterprise – for larger businesses with multiple locations, prices are available on request
Hardware costs are in addition to the above costs and are available on request but can start at £29 per month.
Note plans, packages and prices were all accurate at the time of publication (June 2021) but may have changed since then. Please check Lightspeed’s website for the latest information.
Lightspeed was founded in America in 2012 and they launched their first cloud-based POS system in 2013. Since their launch, they have acquired several other businesses including ShopKeep and Vend to broaden their range of POS systems.
They operate around the globe with offices in 14 cities including London. Lightspeed specialises in providing POS solutions to the retail, hospitality and golf sectors. They offer tailored solutions for each sector and they provide a range of features to enhance their systems.
Lightspeed offers retail businesses a choice of five packages that offer a tiered level of features which includes gift cards, appointments, multiple locations, online sales integration and smart inventory. Their restaurant package includes integration with delivery platforms, reservations, menu management and self-ordering integration. They provide one-on-one onboarding as well as webinars, demos and videos and unlimited 24/7 support.
Switching To Lightspeed
If you want to join Lightspeed you can watch a demo on their website and request a quote based on your individual needs. Alternatively, you can call them on 0203 695 9599.
Additional Business Services From Lightspeed
Lightspeed offers a range of EPOS and other services to retail, hospitality and golf sectors which include:
- Loyalty schemes
Lightspeed Customer Service and Complaints
You can contact Lightspeed’s customer service team on 0203 695 9599.
You can get in contact with Lightspeed by:
- Calling 0203 695 9599
- Email email@example.com
- Post – Floor 5, 201 Borough High Street, London SE1 1JA
Lightspeed Payment Services Pros/Cons
- Offers multi-channel POS systems
- Integrates marketing tools including loyalty and members
- Helps track employees
- Provides on-boarding support and 24/7 after support
- Positively rated in customer reviews
- Doesn’t provide kitchen integrations
- Not much information about hardware costs