AirPOS is a point of sale provider that offers a range of complete POS systems, software and hardware solutions that are designed for small independent retailers. Below we look at reviews for the company along with the services they offer, how much they cost and other key things you need to know to help you decide which payment services provider is right for your business.
AirPOS Payment Service Reviews
Below we look at reviews for AirPOS from a variety of websites. Please keep in mind that these reviews are for all of AirPOS’ services and so may not fully reflect their individual offerings.
AirPOS Payment Services Plans, Packages & Prices
- End to end business management app and hardware
- Ability to sell in-store and online
- Designed for small and independent retailers
- Easy to use
- Take card payments
- Full visibility of stock and manage your inventory
- Track and manage performance across multiple locations and channels
- Access to the back office from anywhere at any time through any device
- In-depth reporting
- Monitor employee performance
- Ecommerce integrations
- Free assisted setup
- Free hardware on annual subscriptions
- Can be used on any platform including iPad POS
- Additional features on Pro packages such as customer loyalty and Shopify
- Support provided 9am to midnight seven days a week
- Offers demos
- Provides 14-day free trial
- No contract or hidden fees
AirPOS pricing is as follows:
- AirPOS – £360 per year or £29.99 per month
- AirPOS – £480 per year or £39.99 per month
- Non-profit – request a quote
Note plans, packages and prices were all accurate at the time of publication but may have changed since then. Please check AirPOS’ website for the latest information.
AirPOS is a point sale provider that offers a range of complete POS systems, POS software that is compatible with Android, iOS and Windows devices and a wide range of hardware products. Their hardware includes tablet stands, printers, cash drawers and scanners.
They provide POS systems that are designed to assist small and independent retailers which help them to manage their sales and inventory better. Their software assists businesses to sell in-store and online, to have full visibility of their stock, manage multiple locations and channels, manage employee performance, loyalty schemes and produce in-depth reporting. Their software integrates with Zettle, Sumup, Tide, Worldpay and Xero.
AirPOS supports a range of retailers which includes coffee shops, crafts and makers, bars, pubs, clubs, events businesses, golf and pro shops, mobile businesses, service industries, sporting goods, transportation and vape shops.
Switching To AirPOS
Additional Business Services From AirPOS
AirPOS doesn’t currently offer any other services to businesses.
AirPOS Customer Service and Complaints
There are no contact details available on AirPOS’ website to contact them apart from through their contact form or live chat. However, customers can contact them between 9am to midnight seven days a week for support and details will be provided once you sign up with them.
You can get in contact with AirPOS by:
- Complete their contact form
- Live chat on their website
AirPOS Payment Services Pros/Cons
- A combined solution to manage sales in-store and online
- Simple pricing with no contract
- Manage inventory, staff and locations through a single platform
- Offers 14-day free trial
- Positive customer reviews based on a small number of reviews
- No contact details on their website
- Little information about the company