Protecting your vehicles and getting the most from them is a key priority for most businesses with trucks as they are a key element of their business operations.
Truck tracking solutions can offer the security of being able to track vehicles if stolen but also so much more. Truck tracking can offer a wealth of information from locating vehicles through to assistance in optimising your fleet and increasing efficiency. We have explored below which providers clearly offer truck tracking as part of their vehicle tracking.
The table below gives a quick price comparison of the top UK providers for truck tracking.
Company Cost from Tracker cost
TRACKER Not stated £249
Quartix Not stated Not stated
Pinpointers £5 per month Not stated
RAM Tracking Not stated Not stated
Kinesis Not stated Not stated
Scorpion Track Not stated Not stated
Asset Monitoring Solutions (AMS) Not stated Not stated
Masternaut £5.99 per month Not stated
Zubie $14 per month Not stated
Lyxt Not stated Not stated
* The facts and figures included here come from each company’s website and were accurate at the time of writing (September 2019) but may have since changed. Also, please keep in mind these may not be apples to apples comparisons as each provider offers different solutions. This guide should be used as a starting off point for more research on your part.
Below we profile each of the companies’ services and features in a bit more detail.
Note companies are ranked in no particular order and this no way indicates one solution is better than another.
Some of the features and benefits of TRACKER’s truck tracking.
- Vehicle tracking solutions suitable for trucks
- Available for individuals and businesses
- Designed for small to large fleets
- Suitable for cars to construction machinery
- Advanced tracking facilities
- Real-time vehicle locations
- Playback journeys
- Monitor traffic and plan routes
- Comprehensive reporting suite
- Claims that they are no.1 UK tracking solution provider
TRACKER provides a range of vehicle tracking and telematics solutions that are designed for individual vehicles through to large fleets which can comprise of a variety of vehicles such as cars, HGVs, LCVs, motorbikes, plant and construction equipment.
TRACKER’s vehicle tracking offers advanced tracking capabilities which means that they can locate vehicles that are in containers, underground or have been taken into Europe. They provide real-time vehicle tracking as well as being able to playback journeys, monitor traffic and plan routes. You can interrogate the data in their reporting suite to discover patterns and how to improve efficiencies.
Some of the features and benefits of Quartix’s truck tracking.
- Vehicle tracking designed for a variety of vehicles including trucks
- Cloud-based software
- Can be accessed from any device
- Real-time location tracking
- Uses Google maps
- Analysis of daily activity
- Unauthorised moves alerts
- Provides driving styles reports
- Assistance in driver planning tools
- Creates daily vehicle logs
Quartix is a fleet management business who offers a variety of vehicle management tools and software that includes vehicle tracking to help you manage your fleets more effectively. Their software is designed to be used by a variety of vehicles including trucks.
Quartix’s vehicle tracking software is cloud-based and can be accessed from anywhere on any internet-connected device. Their vehicle tracking uses Google maps to track vehicles in real-time and to monitor vehicle movements. Their reporting facilities enable you to access daily logs and analyse activity such as unauthorised moves and it can help in improving driving styles. Their software also provides driver planning tools.
Some of the features and benefits of Pinpointers’ truck tracking.
- Cloud-based vehicle tracking
- Suitable for cars, vans and trucks
- Real-time location tracking
- Historical journey information
- Monitor driver behaviour
- Real-time traffic updates
- Detailed reporting facilities
- Track road speed violations
- Set entry and exit zones
- Produce driver timesheets
Pinpointers provides a range of tracking solutions for a variety of vehicles including cars, vans and trucks as well as a specialist product for coaches. They offer tracking devices and software that is cloud-based which enables you to access the software from anywhere on any device.
Pinpointers’ vehicle tracking provides real-time vehicle locations for fleets and you can also access historical journey information to allow you to review driver activity and behaviour. It gives real-time traffic updates and can help produce driver timesheets. Their detailed reporting facilities allow you access to a wealth of information including road speed violations, monitor entry and exit zones, and analyse driver activity.
4. RAM Tracking
Some of the features and benefits of RAM Tracking’s truck tracking.
- Specific truck tracking product
- Suitable for 1 lorry to a fleet
- Track vehicles wherever they are
- Monitor fuel usage
- Save time and money
- Suitable for a wide variety of businesses
- Documents drivers’ efficiency and behaviour
- Freight tracking services
- Backup invoices
- Helps to evidence work for compliance reasons
RAM Tracking is vehicle telematics provider offering a variety of software and hardware such as vehicle tracking, dash cameras and fleet management software. Their software is cloud-based and can be accessed through any internet-connected device. They offer specific tracking solutions tailored for different fleet types.
RAM Tracking’s truck tracking is suited to single lorries or fleets to track real-time locations and review journey history. It is designed to help businesses to save time and money through monitoring fuel usage, track freight, monitor driver efficiency and behaviour to reduce administration and highlight waste. The software can also backup your invoices to track fleet expenditure and evidence your compliance.
Some of the features and benefits of Kinesis’ truck tracking.
- Telematic solutions
- Suitable for cars, vans and HGVs
- Can be used in a single vehicle or for fleets
- Can help reduce fuel and maintenance costs
- Real-time tracking and historic journey information
- Route planning with traffic congestion monitoring
- Track idling and improve efficiency
- Comprehensive reporting
- Offers self-install
- Mobile app
Kinesis is a vehicle telematics systems provider that offers software and hardware that is designed to help businesses track and manage their vehicles. Their solutions are suitable for single vehicles to large fleets and can be used on cars, vans and HGVs.
Kinesis’ vehicle tracking allows you access to real-time vehicle locations and historical journey information. Their software can help you to reduce fuel and maintenance costs by having greater insight into your fleet and driver behaviour as well as assistance with route planning through congestion monitoring. Their comprehensive reports can help with administration and monitoring fleet usage to improve efficiency.
6. Scorpion Track
Some of the features and benefits of Scorpion Track’s truck tracking.
- Provides intelligent fleet solutions
- Assists in optimising drivers and vehicles
- Can reduce your expenses
- Lower fuel costs
- Improve productivity
- Provides real-time updates and live maps
- Can assign vehicles to groups
- Monitor driver behaviour
- Set geofences
- Produce a variety of reports
Scorpion Track manufactures and supplies vehicle security telematics systems that are designed for fleets that are from 5 vehicles to 5,000. They provide intelligent fleet solutions that can optimise drivers and vehicles which includes trucks.
Scorpion Track’s vehicle tracking gives you insight into your vehicles through live maps and real-time updates. Through the wealth of information provided, you can reduce your overheads including expenses and fuel costs which can reduce administration and increase productivity. Their features include assigning vehicles to groups to aid monitoring as you can filter by depot, type and purpose, setting geofences and detailed reporting. Their customisable reports are intuitive and can be viewed online or downloaded.
7. Asset Monitoring Solutions (AMS)
Some of the features and benefits of Asset Monitoring Solutions’ truck tracking.
- Offers a range of vehicle tracking solutions
- Suitable for a variety of vehicles including trucks
- Simple to use software
- Tailored solutions
- Offers a choice of tracking devices
- Monitor vehicle locations
- Aids operational efficiency
- Can monitor driver behaviour
- Assists with providing more accurate arrival times
- Provides bespoke reporting facility
Asset Monitoring Solutions is a fleet management software and hardware provider whose product range includes a variety of vehicle tracking solutions. They offer customisable and tailored solutions with a choice of tracking devices and simple to use software which has minimal mouse clicks.
Asset Monitoring Solutions’ vehicle tracking is suitable for cars, vans, motorbikes, lorries and plant machinery. It provides real-time tracking information and driver behaviour monitoring which can maximise your operational efficiency and assist with providing more accurate arrival times. They provide a bespoke reporting facility which allows you to run reports and analyse your fleet data.
Some of the features and benefits of Masternaut’s truck tracking.
- Vehicle tracking solutions for businesses
- Developed by their in-house teams
- Have full visibility of your fleet
- Manage your fleet more effectively
- Better utilise your assets
- Real-time vehicle locations
- Robust and reliable tracking devices
- Monitor activity online
- Assists in providing more exact arrival times
- Reporting facilities
Masternaut is a vehicle tracking and telematics provider that offers fleet tracking and management tools to businesses to help improve and optimise your fleet and manage it more effectively through efficient fleet management. Their software and hardware are suited to a variety of vehicles including trucks.
Masternaut’s vehicle tracking is developed in-house and they provide robust and reliable tracking devices which allow you to track your vehicles in real-time online. Their management tools offer business insights through reporting facilities, timesheet production and vehicle management. Through full visibility of your vehicles you can better plan and provide exact arrival times as well as monitor fuel usage and vehicle utilisation.
Some of the features and benefits of Zubie’s truck tracking.
- GPS vehicle tracking systems
- Simple to use and install
- Suitable for small to large fleets
- Real-time vehicle locations
- Cloud-based so available through any device
- Journey history information
- Set alerts
- Uses street-level Google maps
- Reporting suite
- Can help with tax filing
Zubie provides fleet management solutions which include powerful tools such as GPS vehicle tracking, vehicle health and maintenance, driver performance and driver check-in. Their solutions are designed to meet the needs of small to large fleets including trucks.
Zubie’s vehicle tracking uses GPS to provide simple to use real-time vehicle tracking and is easy to install. They utilise street-level Google maps to drill down to more detailed views and cloud-based software so you can access it anywhere on any device. You can also view historical journey information, set alerts, analyse data through the reporting suite to help make fleets more efficient and assist with tax filing.
Some of the features and benefits of Lyxt’s truck tracking.
- Provides GPS telematics solutions
- Offers complete fleet management solution
- Maximise productivity and efficiency
- Real-time vehicle tracking
- Allows you to locate, track and manage vehicles
- Replay journeys
- Can integrate video dash cams
- Can store 100 driving hours
- Assists with an estimated time of arrival
- Helps to find the closest vehicle to a location
Lyxt claims to be a leading fleet and compliance management solution provider who offer a range of fleet management solutions. They offer solutions to UK businesses with fleets of 30 to over 500 vehicles in a variety of industries and vehicles including trucks.
Lyxt’s vehicle tracking provides GPS telematics that gives real-time vehicle statuses so that you can locate, track and manage your vehicles more effectively. They aim to help businesses manage their fleets to maximise productivity and efficiency. Their features include journey replay, integrated video, storage of 100 driving hours, can assist in the estimated time of arrival and closest vehicle to the location.