Business phone systems are an essential part of every business and selecting the right provider with the solution that best fits your needs can help transform your business communications by streamlining your systems and increasing productivity of your staff.
To help you navigate through the wide choice of providers and services available we have examined what is on offer.
The table below gives a quick price comparison of the top UK providers for business phone systems.
|Company||Starting Monthly Price|
|Vonage||From £9 per user|
|Reach Digital||Not stated|
|Lily Comms||Not stated|
|Telecoms world||From £11.99|
|CircleLoop||From £5 per user|
|RingCentral||From £7.99 per user|
|Telappliant||From £4.99 per user|
|Voipstudio||From £3.99 per user|
|Buzz Connect||From £4.95 per user|
* The facts and figures included here come from each company’s website and were accurate at the time of writing (January 2019) but may have since changed. Also, please keep in mind these may not be apples to apples comparisons as each provider offers different solutions. This guide should be used as a starting off point for more research on your part.
Below we profile each of the companies’ services and features in a bit more detail.
Note companies are ranked in no particular order and this no way indicates one solution is better than another.
Some of the features and benefits of BT’s business phone systems.
- Variety of phone systems
- Cloud-based VoIP systems
- On-premise PBX phone systems
- Flexible and streamlined solutions
- Access regardless of location – office, home and or on site
- Replace desk phones and mobiles with one device
- Operate seamlessly between office and mobile networks
- Minimise on-premises equipment through cloud-based solutions
- Cater for 1 person up to 20,000 users
- Well known national provider
BT is a well-known provider who offers a wide of business phone systems that offer a variety of solutions which cater for all businesses with 1–20,000 users. These systems include cloud-based, on-premise PBX phone systems and BT One Phone.
Cloud-based VoIP solutions utilise the internet for calls which make the solution easy to install with no hardware except the phones and it works for offices, home and on-site. The on-premise PBX systems are installed onsite with the phone lines, but they can also use VoIP technology and SIP trunking. BT One Phone combines desk phones and mobiles into a single device that can use both office and mobile networks for calls.
Some of the features and benefits of TalkTalk’s business phone systems.
- Choice of solutions for different business needs
- More reliable, cost-effective and secure solutions
- Flexible communication solutions
- IP based technology
- Cloud technologies
- Unified communications
- SIP trunking services
- Resilience and control
- Simplified call management
- Also offer audio conferencing, contact centre services and interactive voice response services
TalkTalk offers a variety of business phone systems that cater for different business needs. They claim to offer a more reliable, cost-effective and secure solution that gives businesses the flexibility in their communication solutions. They use SIP trunking services to deliver a secure and dependable solution between your business network and their network.
TalkTalk offers a single and transparent pricing for their hosted voice service systems to help businesses to manage their calls simply and effectively. They offer additional services to help businesses communicate more effectively which include audio conferencing, contact centre services, and interactive response services that can ensure calls are directed and answered accurately and efficiently.
Some of the features and benefits of Virgin’s business phone systems.
- Variety of phone solutions
- Mobile, fixed-line or VoIP services
- Offer the network capabilities
- Have the hardware and service to cater for your needs
- Offer mobile handsets
- Plans for small to large businesses
- High levels of service
- Services include phone lines, ISDN, SIP Trunking and IP Centrex Cloud Voice
- Unified communications solutions either hosted or on-premise
- National provider
Virgin is an established provider of communication services whether that is mobile, fixed-line or VoIP. They offer business phone systems that they state have the network capabilities to deliver the service you require with hardware and service to match it.
Virgin offer a variety of solutions including mobile handsets, phone lines, ISDN30, SIP Trunking, cloud voice and unified communications. Cloud-based VoIP service is a full end-to-end solution which includes desk phones to switchboards.
Unified communications include hosted and on-premise solutions. Hosted solutions include phone integration, video conferencing, instant message and email. On-premises solutions offer the same functions but are provided with the equipment required for a complete solution.
Some of the features and benefits of Vodaphone’s business phone systems.
- Offer unified communications for businesses
- Combine phone lines, mobile and messaging services
- A single integrated platform solution
- Fully-managed cloud-based service
- Consistent, secure and reliable communications
- Robust but flexible solutions
- Simple but comprehensive service
- A range of services from basic phone services to presence-based services
- Collaborative tools including video conferencing, desktop sharing, and call centre options
- One of the largest voice and data networks globally
Vodaphone is a global communication provider who offers businesses a wide range of phone system solutions. They provided a unified communications solution that can combine phone lines, mobiles and messaging services into either a single integrated platform or a fully-managed cloud-based service. They can offer a range of additional services which include video conferencing, desktop sharing and call centre options.
Vodaphone unified communication solutions offer financial savings through their collaboration-based solution which reduces the need for dedicated hardware or support and can help deliver targets including reducing CO2 emissions. Collaborative tools can help drive efficiencies and assist staff in being more focused.
Some of the features and benefits of XLN’s business phone systems.
- Offers affordable business phone packages
- Low-cost phone line deals available
- Can be combined with internet services and mobile
- Offer a range of plans for phone and internet
- Provide a hassle-free switch service
- They operate on one of the largest networks in the UK
- Network supported by Openreach engineers
- Bolt on services available
- Award-winning service
- Also offer deals on energy and water
XLN is a telecommunications provider who offers phone and internet services to businesses across the UK. They offer low-cost phone lines on a range of plans that can combine either a broadband or fibre internet connection as well as unlimited UK calls.
XLN claim that they offer 5-star customer service with good ratings on Trustpilot with more 5-star reviews than any of their competitors. They have also won several awards for their service and offer a hassle-free switch to them. XLN operates on one of the largest networks in the UK, they claim to offer the best connection service and the network is supported by Openreach engineers.
Some of the features and benefits of O2’s business phone systems.
- Offers business landlines, mobiles and broadband
- Claim to save customers an average of 25% when switching to them
- Hassle-free switching service
- Dedicated support from a named person when switching
- Offer a wide range of landline products
- All-inclusive minutes or free minutes plans are available
- Offer the newest devices
- Have a range of smart apps that can boost productivity
- Also offer mobile and broadband services
- Independently verify the competitiveness of their deals on price comparison sites
O2 is more well known as a mobile phone provider but they also provide a broader range of communication services as they offer business landline phone services and broadband services. Their phone line services have been independently compared and are said to save customers an average of 25% when they switch to them.
O2 offers new customers a hassle-free service when switching to them and they provide a dedicated point of contact to help customers through the switch and for 30 days after the switch. They offer a range of landline products that can include bolt-on inclusive minutes to landlines and mobiles in the UK.
Some of the features and benefits of Zen’s business phone systems.
- Offer a range of telephone products
- Phone lines only
- Hosted voice service
- Secure and flexible communications
- Tailored voice solutions
- Cloud-based solutions
- Mobile integration
- 24/7 monitoring and technical support
- Guaranteed performance
- First-class network
Zen offers a range of telephony solutions that include phone lines and hosted voice solutions. Their phone line rental features per second billing and it has premium features with a low setup fee. They offer competitive call rates on a simple price plan.
Zen’s hosted voice solutions offer tailored packages that are flexibly designed to create a service that will include analysing your needs to suggest a solution that works for you. They will integrate your network and voice solutions including mobile phones and create a seamless user experience. With their service, you will receive 24/7 monitoring and technical support.
Some of the features and benefits of KCOM’s business phone systems.
- Provides a variety of phone systems
- Control your business voice services
- Assist you in managing costs and offer value for money
- On-site phone systems
- Hosted voice systems
- PBX phone systems
- Flexible and customisable solutions
- Ability to add and remove features at any stage
- Video conferencing, call recording, call routing and business numbers
- Offer a first-class service
KCOM offers phone lines, a range of phone systems and bolt on services to help you control your voice services. They offer on-site and hosted phone systems that provide choice and flexibility with the ability to add and remove the bolt on options such as audio conferencing, call recording, call routing and business numbers.
KCOM’s on-site systems are housed on your premise and these utilise your equipment with their analogue or digital lines. Hosted voice systems include PBX and SmartComms UC which offers flexible and customisable solutions tailored to your needs. These systems are hosted by KCOM which means there is no equipment on site that requires maintenance.
Some of the features and benefits of Vonage’s business phone systems.
- Business cloud services
- Flexible systems that offer control
- Enable you to work smarter
- Make collaboration easier
- Unlimited calling to UK landlines and mobiles
- Unlimited calling to 60 countries
- 24/7 live support
- Easy setup and scalable solution
- Conferencing and collaboration services
- Integrate with office apps
Vonage offers phone systems that are cloud-based which means that they can deliver a flexible system which also provides you with control over your communication systems. Their Business Cloud is more than just a phone service as it delivers powerful features that they claim deliver value.
Vonage aims to balance flexibility and control with their Business Cloud phone system so that their customers can work smarter. As part of their service, they offer conferencing and collaboration services from Amazon Chime that is easy to use. It also can integrate with some of the widely used cloud-based applications, such as Office 365, G Suite and Bullhorn.
Some of the features and benefits of Cisco’s business phone systems.
- Small business phone system
- Increase productivity
- Collaborate in real-time
- Cost-effective solutions
- Powerful communication tools
- Offer voice, video, messaging, data and mobility applications
- VoIP call services
- Make calls from mobiles and tablets
- Video and web conferencing
- Instant messaging
Cisco offers small business phone systems that are designed to simplify your communications and reduce your costs. They provide solutions for businesses that have up to 150 employees and they can help increase productivity in your business and deliver a cost-effective service. They also offer a variety of equipment that can make call handling easier.
Cisco’s business phone systems offer a variety of facilities which include voice, video, messaging, data and mobile applications which enable employees to communicate and collaborate more effectively. Their services also include VoIP call services which can enable calls to be made from mobiles and tablets as well.
Some of the features and benefits of 8×8’s business phone systems.
- Provide smarter business phone services
- Reliable and mobile solutions
- Access to real-time analytics
- Cloud-based services
- VoIP services
- Access collaboration tools
- Unified communications
- Offer a range of free services as part Virtual Office Service Plans
- Access online meeting facilities
- Support call centres
8×8 offers a broad range of business phone services that combine reliability with mobility to create an effective total communications solution. They offer a unified communications solution that brings together all communication services and allows businesses real-time monitoring.
8×8 provides a cloud-based solution and VoIP call services that also includes many other features as standard on their Virtual Office Service Plans, such as unlimited calls, mobile apps, online call management, conferencing, hold music, and instant messaging. You can also include call recording and storage, contact centre services, web conferencing and internet faxing. They also offer VoIP plans with a variety of call plans.
Some of the features and benefits of 4Com’s business phone systems.
- Offer a range of business phone services
- VoIP phone systems
- Business phone equipment
- Comprehensive installation process and training
- Tailored packages to meet your requirements
- Pay only for the services you want
- Deliver software to revolutionise your working life
- They provide a range of call services such as video calls and call recording
- UK based support
- Can include broadband and business mobiles
4Com provides businesses with a range of phone services that include VoIP phone systems and phone equipment. They tailor their business phone system packages to their customers needs so that they only pay for the services that they need.
4Com offers comprehensive installation services that comes with training to ensure that you can get the best out of their system and fully understand how to use it. They offer a variety of features that can be included in your package such as call recording, computer technology integration, video calling, and voicemail. They also provide broadband and business mobile offerings.
13. Reach Digital
Some of the features and benefits of Reach Digital’s business phone systems.
- Provide simple and intuitive systems
- Offer a variety of fixed and cordless handsets as well as headsets
- Free on-site consultation to assess your needs
- Individually programmed handsets
- Handset features include extension statuses and viewing customer details
- Provide cordless handsets that are simple, durable and have an excellent range
- Their headsets work with your computer to display call details
- Offer broadband call lines and mobiles
- Additional services include computer integration, call reporting, call recording and on-hold marketing
- They provide services to a broad range of businesses
Reach Digital offers a range of equipment and services to businesses to improve their communication services. Handsets can be fully programmed to the individual and include features such as extension statuses and customer details. Their cordless phones offer the ability for staff to remain connected whilst on the move. Their headsets can integrate with the person’s computer so that it can display the call details.
Reach Digital offer a free on-site consultation to fully assess your needs and offer a tailored solution. As part of your package you can also incorporate computer integration, call recording, call reporting and on-hold marketing. They also offer broadband, broadband calls and mobiles.
Some of the features and benefits of Mitel’s business phone systems.
- Offers a comprehensive range of business phone systems
- Unified communications solutions
- Cloud-based solutions
- On-site phone systems
- Hosted voice services
- Integrates with third-party business applications
- Powerful and scalable solutions
- Provides collaboration tools
- Modern and user-centric systems
- Cater for businesses of all sizes
Mitel offers a comprehensive range of business phone systems that offer unified solutions to combine your communication tools and make communicating with customers and colleagues easier. They offer both cloud-based phone systems and on-site phone systems with hosted voice services and collaboration tools.
Mitel’s business phone systems integrate with some key third-party business applications such as Salesforce, Skype, Outlook and Chrome browser to make customer interactions and communication easier and increase productivity. With their range of integrations and their modern and user-friendly phone systems, they offer powerful and scalable solutions to businesses of all sizes and types.
15. Lily Comms
Some of the features and benefits of Lily Comm’s business phone systems.
- Extensive range of business communication services
- Hosted phone systems
- On-premise phone systems
- Cloud-based systems
- VoIP communication services
- Assistance for mobile working
- Single and multi-site businesses
- Easy to use web portal
- Reduced fixed costs using VoIP hosted
- Secure and resilient data centres
Lily Comms provides an extensive range of business communication services which include hosted phone systems that are cloud-based and offer VoIP communication services or on-premise phone systems. Hosted phone systems using VoIP calls can significantly reduce the fixed price costs of your phone service by 30-60%.
Lily Comms offers a scalable solution that caters for businesses of all sizes whether they are single or multi-site businesses. They have designed their service to be customer focused with an easy to use web portal. Their hosted business phone services also offer a secure and resilient data centre to provide a robust service.
16. Telecoms World
Some of the features and benefits of Telecom World’s business phone systems.
- Provide a range of telephone services
- Offer a range of additional call solutions
- Hosted phone systems
- VoIP call services for offices and mobile workers
- Phones lines and SIP trunking
- Connectivity services including broadband and fibre
- Include free handsets
- Inclusive minutes to landlines and mobile numbers
- Free connection to VoIP services
- A range of price plans to suit different business needs
Telecoms World provides a complete communications service which includes phone lines, business phone systems, broadband and fibre as well as additional call solutions. Their business phone systems are hosted services that offer VoIP call services that provide effective call services for offices and mobile workers.
Telecoms World’s hosted VoIP phone system offers customers free handsets from Cisco and Polycom, with free connection and competitive monthly rental costs, as well as including inclusive minutes that can be used on both UK landlines and mobile numbers. They offer a range of plans that cater for different business needs with a variety of extra services.
Some of the features and benefits of CircleLoop’s business phone systems.
- A complete business phone system
- Powerful desktop and mobile apps
- The end of desktop phones with computer apps and modern headsets
- Flexible solution
- Integrates with tools such as Capsule, Slack and HubSpot
- Offers a free 7-day trial
- Includes unlimited UK calls
- Additional features included such as call recording, messaging and contact management
- Provide collaboration tools
- Experienced UK-based support
CircleLoop offers businesses a complete business phone system that delivers powerful desktop and mobile apps that allow you to say goodbye to desks cluttered with equipment as they incorporate their phone services into your computers and use modern headsets. You can see if their solution is right for you by taking advantage of their free 7-day trial.
CircleLoop offers flexible solutions that can integrate with other apps to create more effective solutions, such as Capsule, Slack, HubSpot and Pipedrive and Chrome Extension, and can include collaboration tools to enhance productivity. Their packages can include unlimited UK calls and additional features such as call recording, messaging and contact management.
Some of the features and benefits of RingCentral’s business phone systems.
- Offer a powerful and easy to use business phone systems
- Affordable pricing
- Mobile and desktop applications
- A secure and one-stop solution of all communication needs
- Cloud-based systems
- Intuitive team collaboration tools
- Increase productivity
- Features include video conferencing, team messaging and online fax
- Reliable support service with a personalised approach
- Scalable solutions
RingCentral offers businesses a single source solution for all their communication needs for business phone systems. Their systems utilise mobile and desktop applications to create flexible solutions that are secure and reliable.
RingCentral’s business phone systems are cloud-based and have a range of features that enhance the service they offer such as intuitive team collaboration tools, video conferencing, team messaging and online fax. They provide their customers with a solution that is scalable and has a personalised approach to their support service. These tools assist businesses to run more effectively and enable staff to become more productive.
Some of the features and benefits of Voipfone’s business phone systems.
- A broad range of communication services
- Landline services
- Switchboard and PBX services
- Plug and go VoIP hardware and solutions
- SMS and mobile services
- Broadband services
- Low-cost services
- Offers 12-month contracts or pay-as-you-go services
- Provides free trials for many of their services
- Award-winning telephone services
Voipfone offers a wide variety of communication services products which include landlines, switchboards, PBX services, VoIP hardware, VoIP solutions, SMS and mobile services, and broadband.
Voipfone has created communication solutions that are low-cost and enable businesses to build their own package that suits their needs. Their plans start as low as £1 per month on a pay-as-you-go basis and they offer many of their services on a free trial so that you can experience them before switching to them. They offer a flexible service through the Voipfone Package Builder as you can add and remove products whenever you need to.
Some of the features and benefits of Gradwell’s business phone systems.
- Small business telephone systems
- Competitive low-cost and reliable solutions
- Per second billing
- VoIP call service
- Free calls between employees
- No hardware cost
- Free desktop phone with all packages
- Flexible call solutions that allow calls from anywhere
- Free mobile app
- Inclusive UK landline and mobile minutes
Gradwell provides telephone services to smaller businesses which enables them to access competitive rates on low-cost services without compromising on reliability or paying for services that they do not need. They offer per second billing for local and international calls to reduce costs and make them more competitively priced.
Gradwell offers VoIP call services that enable businesses to benefit from online call facilities where they can make and accept calls from anywhere including free calls between employees. Their service entails no hardware costs and all packages come with a free desktop phone as well as inclusive UK landline and mobile minutes.
Some of the features and benefits of Telappliant’s business phone systems.
- Offer complete business phone systems
- VoIP phone systems
- Eliminate the need for a phone line and the cost of line rental
- Enables remote and flexible working
- Standard features include voicemail to email, call routing, virtual receptionist and hold music
- Additional features inclusive minutes and call queuing
- Advanced features of audio conferencing, unified communications and call recording
- Cater for businesses with 1 user to over 1,000 users
- Offer a price match guarantee
- Provide a 30-day free trial
Telappliant offers complete business phone systems that comprise of several plans with a variety of inclusive features. They provide VoIP phone systems which mean that businesses can eliminate the need for line rental as it does not require a phone line (unless you use your phone line for the internet) and therefore the cost is reduced.
Telappliant packages their services in bundles with various extra features increasing with the cost. These features can make communicating easier and assist remote and flexible working through services such as voicemail to email, call routing, call recording, virtual receptionist, audio conferencing, and unified communications. They offer a price match guarantee and a 30-day free trial.
Some of the features and benefits of Voipstudio’s business phone systems.
- VoIP phone services for small businesses
- Hosted cloud-based phone solutions
- Free internet calls
- Worldwide virtual numbers
- Simple web portal for administration
- Ideal solution for remote offices
- Reliable communication solutions
- Reduced up-front capital expenditure
- Flexible solution
- Offer a 30-day free trial
Voipstudio offers VoIP phone systems for small businesses and they deliver hosted cloud-based phone solutions that provide flexibility and control. Their VoIP systems offer free internet calls and reduce the up-front capital expenditure by removing the costly equipment, system management expenses and services that traditional phone systems need.
Voipstudio offers a service that is ideal for remote business working practices and allows you to manage your business international as they provide worldwide virtual numbers. They deliver a reliable service that charges by the second for calls so that their customers only pay for the time they use.
Some of the features and benefits of VTSL’s business phone systems.
- Business phone systems you control
- Intuitive phones and online web-portal
- Smarter working solutions
- Over 30 free features
- Talk anywhere using any device
- Unified communications across mobile and fixed lines
- State of the art phone systems
- No contracts
- Transparent and inclusive pricing
- Guarantee voice quality and reliability
VTSL is a communications solution provider that delivers intuitive phone systems that utilise an online web-portal for administrative control. Their phone systems offer smarter working solutions that enable you to talk from anywhere using any device for the call.
VTSL provides their customers with state-of-the-art phone systems that are easy to use. They will integrate your mobile phones and fixed lines into one unified communication solution. They offer over 30 inclusive features and their systems can integrate with other business applications such as CRM systems, web browsers and email platforms which create seamless and more efficient working.
24. Buzz Connect
Some of the features and benefits of Buzz Connect’s business phone systems.
- A hosted business VoIP phone system
- Ideal for businesses of all sizes
- Minimal hardware required
- Benefit from cost savings and efficiency gains
- 4 plans which cater for different business needs
- Offer a bespoke package built around your needs
- Variety of features including voice conferencing, call recording and voicemail to email
- Integrates with leading CRM systems and Outlook
- Provides cost-effective and scalable solutions
Buzz Connect offers hosted business phone systems that deliver VoIP solutions through a cloud-based service which gives flexibility as well as enabling customers to benefit from cost savings and potential efficiency gains. As their systems are cloud-based it means that minimal hardware is required.
Buzz Connect offers three fixed price plans and a fourth option that is a bespoke package that is built around your needs and offers only the features that you require. Their packages include additional features such as voice conferencing, call recording, voicemail to email, and advanced analysis tools which form part of some packages.
Financial Disclosure: We may be paid a fee if you get a quote using the form at the top of this page.